Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Official Boxing Thread...

gonzo

3 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Joshua fooled no one, he’s made his money, he’d be best to get out of boxing, he should go enjoy the rest of his life and forget boxing. 

Agree with some of that. He's done well, made a mint, he should retire now and enjoy it

Edited by Sweep

• Site Supporter

I really didn't see that coming at all, I was certain AJ would have been too big for Usyk but hats off, he fully deserved his victory.

Having seen Campbell Hatton get a decision in a far from convincing performance, i was even more sure AJ would get a dodgy decision when it went to points.

Chuffed for Usyk though, he's one of the good guys in boxing. Deserves his time in the spotlight.

• Members

Fury on AJ

"There are no secrets, no rocket science, to boxing.

Fighters today make it technical. This is just two men punching each other for 12 rounds or less.

Go to bed early, eat right, drink plenty of water, and get stuck in! If it's not going your way with the game-plan that you've got? Change it up!

Give your best, give all that you can, leave it all in the ring. Don't say 'should have', 'would have', 'could have Don't think: 'If I trained harder, I could have done better

My advice to Joshua is; get stuck in the best way he knows how! Put your best foot forward. Swing away, swing away!” 

I've got no interest in slating anybody or kicking anybody while they are down," Fury said. "It's not my style.

"I like to pick on people who are doing well, who are successful, on top of their game.

"I don't like picking on people who are down, probably at their lowest point, and probably mentally unstable after a loss after a long reign”

Hes class Fury , might be my favourite HW since Tyson

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Bob Arum is such a prick

They’ll  face off at the weigh in 

🤡

He makes a decent point to be fair. It had been agreed with Fox beforehand that there wouldn't be a face-off - hence the lack of security - but the Fox presenter obviously wanted it to kick off for viewing figures. Imagine if there'd been a brawl and one of them ended up injured/cut 2 days before the fight...

Edited by Cheese

• Members
4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

He makes a decent point to be fair. It had been agreed with Fox beforehand that there wouldn't be a face-off - hence the lack of security - but the Fox presenter obviously wanted it to kick off for viewing figures. Imagine if there'd been a brawl and one of them ended up injured/cut 2 days before the fight...

Apologies. I read it wrong I thought Bob wanted the face off. 

Still a prick though 😂