Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

18 Years Ago Today!

DomRepWanderer

nothing at all, in darkest africa deep in a mine, no tv, no radio, no papers, only found out when I got to lusaka airport to fly home when I rang the missus and she told me

I think I'd of exploded hearing that information like that!

I think I'd of exploded hearing that information like that!

I did when I got home, she had a fuckin shag bite on her neck, I was a fortnight earlier than expected after battering the hours. Her mates said they did it at a pissed up BBQ, she eventually ran off with the lad she met, a fuckin game ranger. Slag

Remember getting shit off reading fans before game about not selling are tickets,and those fuckers in there new shirts,for getting we went down on a friday night month before and took over there place.

That Friday game was a sell out in the home end

They had a few in the corner of our end that got let through into the terrace to our left eventually for their own safety

Saw a Reading fan get knocked out with 1 punch outside the ground

That Friday game was a sell out in the home end

They had a few in the corner of our end that got let through into the terrace to our left eventually for their own safety

Saw a Reading fan get knocked out with 1 punch outside the ground

thats what fucked me off they had 13k at that crappy elm park and our support was quality that night,get to wembley we take 27k bearing in mind we have already been for cup and there taking the piss.

thats what fucked me off they had 13k at that crappy elm park and our support was quality that night,get to wembley we take 27k bearing in mind we have already been for cup and there taking the piss.

Spead Eagle at corner of ground was rammed with Bolton that night and rumour went round that ground was full about 7. Never seen a boozer empty so quick.

Shame about the Reading few in the away (town) end. Didn't stand a chance really.

yeah lee nogan,sure he missed the pen at wembley

Nah, it was Stuart Lovell. Part of our Ascot gang in the 90s and a decent lad. Met in the boozer at Reading station early doors a couple of weeks after the play off but hadn't seen him since final. A couple of lads said 'don't say nothing to Archie about the pen' but fair play to the lad he come over when he walked in and just said 'get it over with then I can get on it', so I did.

Decent bloke tbh. He had a mate at Reading FC called James Lambert who thought he was Billi Big Bollocks though who was a smack head cock.

I had to threaten a very good friend that match, walked into a mates house and he jokingly said "were losing 1-0,just seconds before they scored. He didn't joke until the final whistle. I remember one of my city mates dancing more than us lot when DeFreitas bagged, strange.