Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Coyle

Garrp

Quite ironic that my worst memory of Coyles tenure by a long chalk was the Wigan at home debacle.

Finally sunk in that day what was going on.

We were picking up some decent results playing 4-5-1 around that time, why the fuck did he change it that day and hand Wigan the midfield

has anyone mentioned that he's only been given a 12 month rolling cuntract ?

if that bloke who injured his leg once(ITK rumour) has so much confidence in jazza's fellow countryman,why didn't he offer Coyle a 3 or 4 year deal ?

He says it's down to the financial uncertainty surrounding relegation.

has anyone mentioned that he's only been given a 12 month rolling cuntract ?

if that bloke who injured his leg once(ITK rumour) has so much confidence in jazza's fellow countryman,why didn't he offer Coyle a 3 or 4 year deal ?

I think it makes sense to do that. Coyle wasn't in a job, get him in, see what he can do then sit down at the end of the season. Plus there's the financial side of it.

Carrot management.

Edited by no balls

We were picking up some decent results playing 4-5-1 around that time, why the fuck did he change it that day and hand Wigan the midfield

All went tits up when he took Muamba off at Norwich and went 442...

The whole world could see why we ended up losing the game.

The whole world except Coyle obviously,as he dropped Muamba and went 442 for Wigan.

Threw my empty plastic pint pot on the floor I was that angry when I heard the team in Scott's! ????

We signed both players right at the end of the transfer window Coyle wasn't that fucking convincing.

There were more clubs than Newcastle who wanted Wilshere. Coyle wanted Wilshere on loan when he was at Burnley. Wenger agreed to let him join Bolton when Coyle became our manager. If Coyle played no part, then Wilshere would have ended up elsewhere. Coyle was obviously more convincing than anyone else who was interested at the time.

Quite ironic that my worst memory of Coyles tenure by a long chalk was the Wigan at home debacle.

Had a strong fear about what was happening. The Wigan match proved it conclusively. I was so mad, I ignored the buses and walked all 3.5 miles home to let off steam.

For me, the most frustrating aspect of Coyle's tenure was the fact that when we were losing, him and his assistants would sit on the bench, in total silence.

Nobody said anything when it was obvious that we needed to change the shape or bring a sub on.

I have never before seen such a lack of cummunication between the management team, tactically inept and clueless.

That said, I think Owen is a superb motivator and man-manager, if he had someone in the ilk of Sammy Lee as his assistant, I personally believe he would still be in a job with us remaining in the Prem.

In addition, some have stated that Coyle was stubborn, I do not believe he was. I think that he and his circus genuinely didnt know what to do to halt the slide

Edited by Danny G

whelan saying they're going to have to enlarge the squad due to the amount of games due to be played next season. coyle has been known to sign some plum duffers.

let's hope he continues the trend at wigan. i'm sensing quantity and not much quality. if it goes tits up,which we're praying for at wigan,they will plummet massively

Whelan obviously didnt want to pay the compensation for Poyet, who was the best candidate.

12 month rolling contract shows not a great deal of confidence in Coyle but was cheaper option.

Whilst I will always like Coyle from his playing days with us, he will mess up Wigan.

Minimum of 56 games apparently, including the Charity Shield

League 46

Comm Shield 1

Europa 6 (direct to group stage) to 15

League Cup (starting in third round) 1 to 5

FA Cup 1 to 10

Minimum 55 including 1 friendly (sort of).

League 46

Comm Shield 1

Europa 6 (direct to group stage) to 15

League Cup (starting in third round) 1 to 5

FA Cup 1 to 10

Minimum 55 including 1 friendly (sort of).

My apologies,Mis-read post.

Edited by gonzo

Yep snap. It was that game that most finally realised enough was enough. As said hundreds of times nice bloke shit manager.

I hope he completely fooks that wank club and sends them back to the dark ages. I wish him all the worst and pretty please come and buy Mears off us.

I hope he completely fooks that wank club and sends them back to the dark ages. I wish him all the worst and pretty please come and buy Mears off us.

To show there's no bad feelings towards Coyle, & in the spirit of friendship to our neighbours, I'd let them have Mears for nothing.

That'd learn the cunts.

• Moderators

cos hes a clueless cnut

he'll take em down within 2 seasons

an absolute fcuking idiot

The Newcastle game was the one for me. Just about getting on top, but a draw would have Dow me all day, the annoying twat.

He may do ok first season at Wigan, but we with Dougie's tactical noise we'll take 4 points off the cunts next season