Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rugby League......

Big E

Knew it wouldn't be long before that old chestnut got dragged out.

The only thing I can put this Union hating down to is jealousy.

I find it boring for the same reason I find fishing boring.

Its just boring but could be so much better.

• Members

We just keep recycling this.

Very simple for me. One is a truly international game and the other is mainly played in 2 English counties and 2 Australian states. Before 'they' all jump up and down again, I freely concede there are token pockets in France, Melbourne, Cheshire and London and also that it is a fucking hard game for tough men.

Unionism over tokenism every time for me though.

It's like comparing Association Football with Rollerball. One has plenty of smash mouth and no sophistication. The other holds the interest of the world.

• Members

So because more people watch it, it's better?

Surely you'd concede that in terms of judgement of popularity, this is a fairly good guide?

Once again, it may have been better marketed than RL and there could be other factors at play but there is absolutely no doubt which is the bigger sport in world terms. It's not even close.

Go on then Ms New RL Convert. What conclusion do you draw?

We just keep recycling this.

Very simple for me. One is a truly international game and the other is mainly played in 2 English counties and 2 Australian states. Before 'they' all jump up and down again, I freely concede there are token pockets in France, Melbourne, Cheshire and London and also that it is a fucking hard game for tough men.

Unionism over tokenism every time for me though.

It's like comparing Association Football with Rollerball. One has plenty of smash mouth and no sophistication. The other holds the interest of the world.

LATEST NEWS....READ ALL ABOUT IT

Jazza & Bolty in agreement for first time

McDonalds is better than Heston Blumenthal too I suppose. Rugby union will always be inferior even if they start playing it on the fucking moon because of its stupid fucking rules.

There'd be more atmosphere there than your average RU game, I suppose.

Here all week.

It's like talking to Diddles. I've not mentioned kicking once. My point, and Bolty eluded to it later, is that the same boring stuff is recycled everytime this debate happens. But maybe you have just forgot and that's why you are asking. So, just for you, i will tell you that there is more kicking in Union than there is in League. Now write it down on a piece of paper and put it in your pocket for future reference.