Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Could It Be Like 1902/03

miamiwhite

Surely we won't match that record

We didn't manage a win in that season until late January. Bizarrely we put a run together of 5 wins on the bounce that season.

Spare for a thought for the players,they played 3 days on the trot over Christmas

25th   -  Liverpool,away  -  lost  5 - 1

26th   -  Sheff Utd - away - lost  -  7 - 1

27th  -   Everton away  -  lost 3 - 1

Ruth C,Rembrandt,Malc and Leigh White were calling for the manager to be be sacked as they waited outside Goodison for the Wanderersways horse n trap

We didn't manage a win in that season until late January. Bizarrely we put a run together of 5 wins on the bounce that season.

Spare for a thought for the players,they played 3 days on the trot over Christmas

Ruth C,Rembrandt,Malc and Leigh White were calling for the manager to be be sacked as they waited outside Goodison for the Wanderersways horse n trap

That was in the days when the league only set fixture dates for Saturdays, but I'll take a look at this sometime and report back Just currently I'm reading a book entitled "The Blunders of Our Governments", and it's quite lengthy.

In those days it was left for the Chairmen to arrange Bank Holiday fixtures with the remaining few clubs..

[The only reason I know this was I did a study of 1908-09 as the relegation battle was intense - Woolwich Arsenal finished 6th on 38 points and ManCity 19th of 20 on 34 points. City were relegated without ever being in the bottom 2 even after their last match. Ha ha!]

That was in the days when the league only set fixture dates for Saturdays, but I'll take a look at this sometime and report back Just currently I'm reading a book entitled "The Blunders of Our Governments", and it's quite lengthy.

In those days it was left for the Chairmen to arrange Bank Holiday fixtures with the remaining few clubs..

[The only reason I know this was I did a study of 1908-09 as the relegation battle was intense - Woolwich Arsenal finished 6th on 38 points and ManCity 19th of 20 on 34 points. City were relegated without ever being in the bottom 2 even after their last match. Ha ha!]

fill your boots Malc,but you'll find the Christmas fixtures were played on Thursday,friday and Saturday.  

the only other league game not to be played on a Saturday that season was Friday 2nd jan 1903 losing to Grimsby,then the following day we played The Wednesday and lost again. Bleak season that was by the sounds of it

And I was only 18.     :innocent:

We've 'already' (sigh) got 4 points, so we can't beat that part of the record. But no wins for another 14 (?) games ?  Not impossible on current evidence.

Watched them through the shite and met some good fans on the way, I will carry on, and no doubt many fans on here will do the same.

love em or loathe em,it's the one thing that connects us all on here.

I've always followed them and will until my dying day

the memories Bolton Wanderers have given me are irreplaceable.  I'd take them on  Desert Island Discs,along with Linda Lusardi's tits

fill your boots Malc,but you'll find the Christmas fixtures were played on Thursday,friday and Saturday.  

the only other league game not to be played on a Saturday that season was Friday 2nd jan 1903 losing to Grimsby,then the following day we played The Wednesday and lost again. Bleak season that was by the sounds of it

And we fell at the first fence in the FA Cup, losing 5-0 at home to second division Bristol City.

Both ManU and Man City were in the second division then, but Bury were eighth in top tier!

Interesting one you've been raiding your stats books for this.

With shite lazy bastards like ngog upfront we could surpass that record. Not beating Yeovil at home makes me wonder when our first win may come? Hopefully blackpool but not expecting it.

I've no stats books pal you know that.   me and you were unbeatable in soccer trivia and probably still are.

another one for you matey,who did Bolton draw 5-5 with in the FA Cup ?

I've no stats books pal you know that.   me and you were unbeatable in soccer trivia and probably still are.

another one for you matey,who did Bolton draw 5-5 with in the FA Cup ?

Eagley.

We also drew 5-5 v Chelsea in a league game just before WW1.