Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Winter/snow Watch 2013/14

miamiwhite

Get your thermals on

Next month sees the start of severe weather hitting our glorious country and hopefully cutting Scotland adrift from us.

My mucker up there who works for the Met Office,says November will bring very bad snowfalls and possibly record low temperatures for that time of the year.

He was pretty accurate re the nce summer we had and is adamant this winter will be severe.

All goes back to the ''blockers'' he told me about early this year.

http://www.itv.com/news/granada/2013-10-13/the-met-office-responds-to-headlines-warning-of-worst-winter-in-decades/

All weather forecasters talk bollocks, they have no way of knowing what is going to happen any further ahead than about 7 days, any who claim to know are just talking shit, I'm amazed anybody actually takes them seriously.

As Juan Kerr points pit, until Carol Kirkwood says something is going to happen, then I don't take it seriously

All weather forecasters talk bollocks, they have no way of knowing what is going to happen any further ahead than about 7 days, any who claim to know are just talking shit, I'm amazed anybody actually takes them seriously.

As Juan Kerr points pit, until Carol Kirkwood says something is going to happen, then I don't take it seriously

Think you're right CWP

I have the bbc weather app on my phone more than this place.

Anything over 2 days they rarely get right.

Bit of a wanker sometimes as we plan high works around it.

As for this cold snap...I'm working in my t-shirt because I'm hard as nails.

Although I'm not a big believer in long range forecasts,I do take note of the signs Mother Nature gives us.

Geese fucking off early and squirrels legging it about everywhere are sure signs its going to be bad one.

If anyone knows their onions it's geese an squirrels.

Although I'm not a big believer in long range forecasts,I do take note of the signs Mother Nature gives us.

Geese fucking off early and squirrels legging it about everywhere are sure signs its going to be bad one.

If anyone knows their onions it's geese an squirrels.

you working in your t-shirt tomorow Tonto ?

so,who had to use de-icer or the kettle today ?

i did for one,at 6-15am

leigh white and myself were subjected to snow showers up until 10am in st helens today then glorious blue skies after,which i believe Bolton was treated to all day. bloody freezing though.

Scotland's had a couple of inches of snow today and was informed Burnley had some snow,maybe Traf could confirm or deny that.

Going to be a cold night and worse is to come

so,who had to use de-icer or the kettle today ?

i did for one,at 6-15am

leigh white and myself were subjected to snow showers up until 10am in st helens today then glorious blue skies after,which i believe Bolton was treated to all day. bloody freezing though.

Scotland's had a couple of inches of snow today and was informed Burnley had some snow,maybe Traf could confirm or deny that.

Going to be a cold night and worse is to come

warmer overnight tonight!