Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Teachers Again

jules_darby

You don't forget the customer, they're sat in front of you everyday...

The assorted collection of anonymous faces you see a handful of times of year you mean? They're not the customer, they're usually another unneeded distraction on top of the already wobbling pile of distractions piled up by various authorities...

The childless don't get a rebate for not costing the treasury to school their offspring, quite the reverse in fact. 

So its the kid who chooses which school to go to, which is the most suitable environment, and the one who pays for it all

Fuck me, I didnt realise.

They dont care a cunt about the kids when it comes to striking, they show their true colours when that happens. Its a job to them, anything else is romantic bollocks falling at least 4th or 5th in the 'list of reasons why I took up teaching'

And if this fucking fly keeps buzzing round my fucking head its getting a pint of maitai launched at it.

If you think a one day strike is detrimental to the education of children, then I don't suggest you visit school during the two weeks before the 'big' holidays...

There is absolutely fuck all teaching going on.

May Tai? That sounds like sommat one of the 'Sex and the City' girls would order...

:)

If you think a one day strike is detrimental to the education of children, then I don't suggest you visit school during the two weeks before the 'big' holidays...

There is absolutely fuck all teaching going on.

May Tai? That sounds like sommat one of the 'Sex and the City' girls would order...

:)

Haaaaannnnnggg on...... are you intimating teachers think it acceptable for 2 weeks of no learning and it's not detrimental?

My mate mrs is a primary school teacher.

She didnt know Wales was a separate country to England but has massive tits.

Obviously wasted at a primary school!

Haaaaannnnnggg on...... are you intimating teachers think it acceptable for 2 weeks of no learning and it's not detrimental?

No, I found it pretty far from acceptable...

But it was accepted by most.

I found it the most boring and tedious two weeks of the school year, I used to dread going in those two weeks, the only time I actively dreaded going in.

Shapeless, formless, pointless...

I was making the point the odd day off, whether due to sickness, funeral of a relative, strike day etc. doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things...

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Brilliant :D

youri...these maitais...they only taste nice if you hold your little finger out whilst drinking them.

I'm in and around town this afternoon, I'll probably need a drink after, so I might try and swerve the plastic paddies and order one of these Maitais, I'll probably pop in The Little John or The Griffin and try one there. 

I'm in and around town this afternoon, I'll probably need a drink after, so I might try and swerve the plastic paddies and order one of these Maitais, I'll probably pop in The Little John or The Griffin and try one there.

Balmoral does them. 3 for a tenner.

yed does cocktails...lager and lime, guiness and black, half mild half bitter...its world famous.

So its the kid who chooses which school to go to, which is the most suitable environment, and the one who pays for it all

Fuck me, I didnt realise.

They dont care a cunt about the kids when it comes to striking, they show their true colours when that happens. Its a job to them, anything else is romantic bollocks falling at least 4th or 5th in the 'list of reasons why I took up teaching'

And if this fucking fly keeps buzzing round my fucking head its getting a pint of maitai launched at it.

Don't forget

It's a vocation

• Members

Bit harsh.  Some of them go into the profession so that they can 'make a difference'.

Its the principle of it.

"Don't get your own way...stamp your feet"...you can tell the majority have seen fuck all but school since they were 4. Great example.

The big shower of cunts.

I have to concur on this, that the hissy-fittier ones I personally encountered were the ones who'd not experienced much of the wider world (and by this I don't mean taking a gap year to 'do' India and Thailand). The ones who'd gone in later, or the ones who'd set out from day one to teach (not the 'Erm, what should I do now I'm about to graduate? Shit! I'd better do teacher-training") tend to either piss and moan but ultimately accept it and get on with it - either that or think 'fuck this for a game of soldiers' and walk away...

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Where's this extra week of holiday's been conjured up from for next year? Got a letter home and we have to choose which term we should have the extra week in. There's no tick box for none off the above funnily enough.

52 weeks plus 1 day (or 2 in leap years).

So every 5 or 6 years there is an extra week.

Gunner_Bill 20 minutes ago

School should be closed, pupils & families deported.

That comment honestly doesn't sound unreasonable to me, Normal folk must be getting to the end of their tether if this isn't a one off.

Is it so un PC to say you should have a good command of the language of the country you live in? When these kids leave, what the fuck are they going to do for a job?

• Site Supporter

That comment honestly doesn't sound unreasonable to me, Normal folk must be getting to the end of their tether if this isn't a one off.

Is it so un PC to say you should have a good command of the language of the country you live in? When these kids leave, what the fuck are they going to do for a job?

Kids want to learn and want to be British. It's the 1st generation parents that hold them back.

By the time they're to 3rd generation they're as British as you and me.

The kids don't choose to come here but it's down to the school to try and educate them. but as you say it's not great that they have to resort to this.

• Site Supporter

Kids want to learn and want to be British. It's the 1st generation parents that hold them back.

By the time they're to 3rd generation they're as British as you and me.

The kids don't choose to come here but it's down to the school to try and educate them. but as you say it's not great that they have to resort to this.