Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Favorite New Drink

victor meldrew

I thought for everyone with a grudge/axe to grind there was someone else anally retentive and on the ball enough to correct stuff - not for any other reason as some kind of feeling of guardianship or one-upmanship.

I remember looking up a player during the World Cup - who'd just come on the pitch as sub (Algeria I think, the match against Germany), the Wikipedia on him changed within seconds to include that cap to his record, I thought - "what sad bastard does that?" (the same kind who looks up players during a match I suppose :( ).

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Supporter

I'm told bombay sapphire is the only gin to drink. 

no legs, like a shite wine..nice coloured bottle though

If its not diageo he'll says its shit

Meldrew marketing manager diageo.com

fuck off

'Kin ell, someone's got the knives out for Diageo for some reason and is using Wikipedia to sharpen them...

I only had a look to see what other brands they have and half of their entry is detailing the bad press they've had - I thought Wikipedia had a policy of impartiality?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diageo

wiki wank

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I notice Bavaria have ventured into the 2.7% catpiss market now - who drinks this piss? Similar is this Radler crap, I had some in Poland years ago and thought they could keep it, and now that's for sale here now too, incorporated by Fosters and less than 3% and it's got fruit in it - a triple threat of shitness.

The beer market is shrinking and this is their answer - make weaker piss?

As for ale with a slice of orange in, I wouldn't want anything with a slice of orange in, including orange juice, surely it kills the head on a draught pint? Still, it's a snip at only six quid a pop, so who'd be overly bothered, I expect your chips come served in a tiny zinc bucket if you buy food, so swings and roundabouts.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Speaking of catpiss, I remember around my fourteenth, possibly fifteenth birthday, buying the maximum amount of beer I could afford, not quality - quantity. I managed to buy twelve cans of a beer called Baltic (on a freezing night to be out drinking on a park, aptly) anyhow it was 3% and came in 500ml cans a size rare at the time...I gave up after having my tenth can, followed by my tenth piss, realising I'd never get drunk on it, gave my last two away...

I'd rather not drink than drink these weak beers, and don't get me started on these 5-8% 'wines' the supermarkets are rather snidily selling, without clearly defining them.

They should have a subsection of the booze section for this shite, cordoned off.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

It's all part of a grand plan by the illuminati - make us thick as pigshit and sheep-like via the telly and t'internet, keep tabs on us with Facebook etc. and diminish our fighting skills and beligerence by feeding us pissy beers...

Oh aye, that six quid orange beer - it's made by CoorsMiller, so the hefty price isn't because it's being produced by some bloke pouring his heart and soul (and piss) into every keg in some craft brewery.

Whilst a Radler isn't my idea of a drink, I can see why it exists.

Some people like to have three or four pints just as a social drink with friends.

They can still do this and drive home without breaking the law.

You're not doing as much damage to your liver and you save on taxi fares.

Win, win.

I notice Bavaria have ventured into the 2.7% catpiss market now - who drinks this piss? Similar is this Radler crap, I had some in Poland years ago and thought they could keep it, and now that's for sale here now too, incorporated by Fosters and less than 3% and it's got fruit in it - a triple threat of shitness.

The beer market is shrinking and this is their answer - make weaker piss?

As for ale with a slice of orange in, I wouldn't want anything with a slice of orange in, including orange juice, surely it kills the head on a draught pint? Still, it's a snip at only six quid a pop, so who'd be overly bothered, I expect your chips come served in a tiny zinc bucket if you buy food, so swings and roundabouts.

Right up your street here, mate.

Bavaria Radler is 39p for a 500ml can at Home Bargain, according to HUKD.