Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Weight Management

anewman

I swim a mile twice a week, I enjoy the exercise but God it gets boring. Think I need to invest in one of those waterproof iPods.

The Mrs has one. Used it twice and said it's shit. Think it's partially because it's fucking rocket science to get songs on it and partially because it sound like you are listening to your favourite band drowning.

I can swim for a mile without any issues but it is boring as fuck, especially when you are as slow as me. Used to do it as Bannatynes in manc, 20m pool so 82 lengths you'd end up doing.

Did 100 lengths a couple of times, boring as fuck!

• Moderators

I always lose count doing lengths so just do time periods then try and work it out after

Quite enjoy it, don't get bored

You've got to do it proper though, get googles on and get your head under, don't get those who do breast stroke and keep head above water, its harder and slows you down

• Moderators

Right, I'm doing a week eating healthier as I don't do enough fruit and veg. Day 1 had a fucking massive salad with some bits of sirloin to make it edible. Day 2 just had a smoothie with fresh watermelon, avocado, raspberries, blackberries, mango, blueberries and pineapple juice. Currently sat on bog...