Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Islamic State

Underpants

Nowhere in the quran does it say women need to cover up

I'd heard that.....but then I've also been told by a Muslim that it does. I guess it's open to interpretation.........

"And tell the believing women to subdue their eyes, and maintain their chastity. They shall not reveal any parts of their bodies, except that which is necessary. They shall cover their chests, (with their Khimar) and shall not relax this code in the presence of other than their husbands, their fathers, the fathers of their husbands, their sons, the sons of their husbands, their brothers, the sons of their brothers, the sons of their sisters, other women, the male servants or employees whose sexual drive has been nullified, or the children who have not reached puberty. They shall not strike their feet when they walk in order to shake and reveal certain details of their bodies. All of you shall repent to GOD, O you believers, that you may succeed." 24:31

• Moderators

I'd heard that.....but then I've also been told by a Muslim that it does. I guess it's open to interpretation.........

And there's the problem

The old testament was full of cunts as well

Here's one with a sense of humour

Facebook_2567663a.jpg

"And tell the believing women to subdue their eyes, and maintain their chastity. They shall not reveal any parts of their bodies, except that which is necessary. They shall cover their chests, (with their Khimar) and shall not relax this code in the presence of other than their husbands, their fathers, the fathers of their husbands, their sons, the sons of their husbands, their brothers, the sons of their brothers, the sons of their sisters, other women, the male servants or employees whose sexual drive has been nullified, or the children who have not reached puberty. They shall not strike their feet when they walk in order to shake and reveal certain details of their bodies. All of you shall repent to GOD, O you believers, that you may succeed." 24:31

I'm sure there's bullshit like that in the Old Testament too if you look. Then again, we are told Isis is fuck all to do with Islam which is odd as their basic principles are taken from their holy book.

Backward fuckers.

I'm sure there's bullshit like that in the Old Testament too if you look.

Indeed, the Old Testament is full of weird shit

I'm just pointing out that it's not necessarily true that it doesn't suggest in the Quran that women shouldn't be covered....all depending on how you interpret it.

• Site Supporter

I've got a Muslim friend who is devout and visited Hajj demonstration recently, missed the big crush by 30 minutes by the way.

It's his third visit and he knows the Koran backward (scuse the pun), and even judges competitions on folk reciting and relating it.

I can only compare it with my Oktoberfest trips :blush:

I'm just pointing out that it's not necessarily true that it doesn't suggest in the Quran that women shouldn't be covered....all depending on how you interpret it.

it does upset me when I see younger girls covered up, poor mites. Now I know their top boy is a paedophile but really, what is wrong with these people? It's a fucked up world we are living in.

• Moderators

This one seems to think not

http://www.quran-islam.org/articles/women_dress_code_(P1150).html

All this tells me they ain't all the same

I find it equally backwards they choose to fast during day light hours a few times a year

Though I did catch the muslim girl in our office eating a banana in a non sexy way during Ramadan

Edited by ZicoKelly

This one seems to think not http://www.quran-islam.org/articles/women_dress_code_(P1150).html

All this tells me they ain't all the same

I find it equally backwards they choose to fast during day light hours a few times a year

Though I did catch the muslim girl in our office eating a banana in a non sexy way during Ramadan

I suppose you can find text in the Quran to say pretty much anything you want depending how you interprate it.....a bit like we can with the Old Testament. I suppose the difference is that Christianity (except for some of the weird sects) realise you don't have to take 2000 year old text literally. Perhaps the Rayguns will catch up in a couple of hundred years and realise the same

• Moderators

I suppose you can find text in the Quran to say pretty much anything you want depending how you interprate it.....a bit like we can with the Old Testament. I suppose the difference is that Christianity (except for some of the weird sects) realise you don't have to take 2000 year old text literally. Perhaps the Rayguns will catch up in a couple of hundred years and realise the same

Aye

The Christian crusaders were doing the same 1000 years ago

That said, it was the Muslims who started it

Mind you Ruth Kelly was Opus Dei and according to the da vinci code they were also a bunch of not rights

Edited by ZicoKelly