Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Islamic State

Underpants

"Scape goating refugees for the Paris attacks is for idiots"

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/paris-attacks-refugee-blame-712?utm_source=vicetwitteruk

the author fails to recognise the crisis is giving terrorists the route in and out though. The terrorists, it has been proven, have sneaked in and out under the cover of being refugees. Ignoring this makes him a bit of an idiot too.

"Scape goating refugees for the Paris attacks is for idiots"

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/paris-attacks-refugee-blame-712?utm_source=vicetwitteruk

I hope the main article doesn't rely on a straw man as weak as the quote.

No one sensible is blaming refugees for anything. The point is that you can't simply make policy out of compassion for refugees whilst ignoring the knock on consequences that has for security.

If that balance is wrong, the fault it with governments, not refugees.

the author fails to recognise the crisis is giving terrorists the route in and out though. The terrorists, it has been proven, have sneaked in and out under the cover of being refugees. Ignoring this makes him a bit of an idiot too.

Paris would have happened irrespective of "letting refugees in"

It's probably somewhere in between the two. The ringleader was Belgian - and it sounds as if there are more than enough French and Belgian Islamists who are more than happy to carry out atrocities themselves - without any help from people coming from Syria under the guise of being a refugee. It might have sped the timing up a little - but I still think we'd have seen this attack or something similar take place with or without letting in refugees. The test will be whether this is a rare occurrence or if things like this start happening left, right and centre. If it's the former - then letting folk in would seem to have been the right thing to do in hindsight - if it's the latter them it'll be the opposite. I suppose we'll only know in the fullness of time.

• Moderators

the open borders and mayhem have given them easy means in and out of the areas they have trained in. Your point is not relevant to what I said.

I don't think it's that easy

Am not sure it's been proven, well certainly not by a seemingly intact passport being found close to a suicide bummer

No doubt immigration needs tightening and making sure only those in need get out

But it's already easy enough for terrorists to get in and out as I beleive we have seen many flying in and out for training on eu passports as it is, think that needs addressing as well, and would imagine it's "easier" to police

The BBC reported that all the Paris terrorist had been in Syria getting trained recently

Germany's game of pan European 'it's a knockout' has created a nice easy path for terrorists to make there way back to Europe to carry out terrorism

If that situation wasn't happening it would be much harder for them to get back through and Paris might not have happened

Then you've got the fact that how many of these Syrian millions are going to be disenfranchised and be the terrorist in 5, 10, 20 years?

Park the bus up. Turn the engine off. Leave it. If they don't like rural Sweden with its western values and low crime rate then fuck them.

It's colder than Winter Hill there [-8], but forecast sunny and bright tomorrow, and warming to -2 when the snow comes on Monday.

Edited by MalcolmW

Park the bus up. Turn the engine off. Leave it. If they don't like rural Sweden with its western values and low crime rate then fuck them.

In the "rape league" of the world its now only second to South Africa. The newspapers and media are banned from mentioning the ethnicity of the perpetrators, needless to say 99% of those caught did not have viking ancestry.

Looking at the report the Swedes are looking to house 40 migrants in a town with a current population of 150.

That 150 will see their village change irrevocably with, I guess, having no say in the matter.

There was a German village in the news a few weeks back, population 4000, took in 1000 refugees!

That's mental and not gonna end well. Small numbers spread far and wide is the best option.

There was a German village in the news a few weeks back, population 4000, took in 1000 refugees!

That's mental and not gonna end well. Small numbers spread far and wide is the best option.

And at a much higher breeding rate than the western type folk. Is anyone really surprised when people question this whole ill thought idea and think, what the fuck is going on.

This article in the spectator. I'm not sure I'd call that publication extreme, shows both 'sides' are not being reported.

Sweden is shoving it's blonde head in the sand. It's probably time they realise people do not live on the set of a Coca Cola advert.

http://blogs.new.spectator.co.uk/2015/11/trouble-in-paradise-the-downfall-of-sweden/