Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

47 minutes ago, captainmed said:

If Southgate really wanted to make a statement he would withdraw the national team from the WC in Qatar.

Their regime is repressive towards women.

The country is deeply homophobic.

Migrant slave labour was used extensively to build the stadiums and over 6500 have died already due to institutionalised racism.

Again, what statement(s) has he made that have got folk's backs up?  Bolty seems to be avoiding the question for some reason.  Maybe you'd care to answer?

The only thing I've heard him say lately is his refusal to condemn Hungary's racists whilst we've still got a problem here, which I think he should be applauded for.

• Members
8 hours ago, DazBob said:

Again, what statement(s) has he made that have got folk's backs up?  Bolty seems to be avoiding the question for some reason.  Maybe you'd care to answer?

The only thing I've heard him say lately is his refusal to condemn Hungary's racists whilst we've still got a problem here, which I think he should be applauded for.

Avoiding fuck all. Not even interested in debating it with you although you are not quite in the same league as the other two shite hawks IMO.

There's more to it than just this but I'll give you one little snippet. "Those who oppose taking the knee are on the losing side". The arrogant cunt. Those who try to defend against Italy for 87 minutes are on the losing side. He should be expending his mental energy there and leaving the other stuff to gesture politicians and the legion of virtue signalling hypocrites.

I am sure that you would be capable of understanding that you can be against racism but also against any gesture which may be taken as tacit support for an odious organisation like BLM.

37 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

You don’t see many wigs worn by men under 70 years old these days, because you’ve got to be going a touch senile not to realise how shit they look.

What’s the point anyway? If you’re going proper bald just shave it all off.

The current "thing" is to go to Turkey and have a transplant/weave.

7 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Avoiding fuck all. Not even interested in debating it with you although you are not quite in the same league as the other two shite hawks IMO.

There's more to it than just this but I'll give you one little snippet. "Those who oppose taking the knee are on the losing side". The arrogant cunt. Those who try to defend against Italy for 87 minutes are on the losing side. He should be expending his mental energy there and leaving the other stuff to gesture politicians and the legion of virtue signalling hypocrites.

I am sure that you would be capable of understanding that you can be against racism but also against any gesture which may be taken as tacit support for an odious organisation like BLM.

Fair enough.

I couldn't disagree more but there's little point me repeating what has already been said a thousand times, but appreciate the response nevertheless. 🍻

• Members
7 hours ago, bolty58 said:

No one said shit when any England manger supported a poppy not being allowed to be worn on the shirt. He was supported then in droves. 

14 minutes ago, captainmed said:

For those easily offended, then join tonight’s match a minute or so in. 

There is a strong chance that our taking of the knee will not meet with the locals approval. 

Indeed.

Sad thing to say, but let's hope Poland's morons do what the majority of our morons do and stick to booing the knee and not feel the need to carry their racism on once the football has started.

• Members
1 hour ago, captainmed said:

For those easily offended, then join tonight’s match a minute or so in. 

There is a strong chance that our taking of the knee will not meet with the locals approval. 

All the more reason to do it

May I recommend the ignore function on this forum. It is excellent and I personally have had half a dozen posters on it for some time.

These are people whose views and opinions are meaningless and of no value to me. 

I know that you are all very busy people so perhaps I can save you some time and effort. Either put me on ignore or don’t reply to my posts as I cannot see them anyway.

Anyway back to the deck-chair for the last of the summer weather. 

😎😎