Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

Trouble with Grealish is he's the boy who cries wolf too often.  There'll be the odd ref, like last night, who just gets pissed off with his constant theatrics.

That said, he's a cracking player and I'd be delighted if his theatrics win us a penalty in the World Cup final next year.

• Members

He does get booted up and down the field because he just doesn’t lose the ball. 

There are two types of player who get the same treatment Messi & Neymar one gets kicked, gets up, carries on, sticks it in the back of the net the other is Neymar. 

I understand players going down but when you are going down too often and getting free kicks, you slow down the rhythm and intensity of the game, constantly giving the opposition time to reset and rest, then you have to rely on winning a game from a set piece or a moment of magic.

You can’t always do that. Mental strength is so important when you’re a player like Grealish. 

Sterling was guilty of that as was Bale a good coach will get that out of them. 

Edited by Rudy

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Rudy said:

There are two types of player who get the same treatment Messi & Neymar one gets kicked, gets up, carries on, sticks it in the back of the net the other is Neymar. 

Zaha too

always fucking moaning about it 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Rudy said:

He does get booted up and down the field because he just doesn’t lose the ball. 

I understand players going down but when you are going down too often and getting free kicks, you slow down the rhythm and intensity of the game, constantly giving the opposition time to reset and rest, then you have to rely on winning a game from a set piece or a moment of magic.

You can’t always do that. Mental strength is so important when you’re a player like Grealish. 

Sterling was guilty of that as was Bale a good coach will get that out of them. 

Yes.

2 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Apart from any of our players obv , Grealish is the best player i've seen at the Reebok in the last 10 years. ( The Boro winger, Traore ??, would be next best, but i don't think he's as consistent. )

I was going to add Rodney Jack, but then realised that was 20+ years ago

4 hours ago, bolton va va said:

Apart from any of our players obv , Grealish is the best player i've seen at the Reebok in the last 10 years. ( The Boro winger, Traore ??, would be next best, but i don't think he's as consistent. )

Yeah, Traore for me, based purely on performance at Unibol.  Ripped us apart, created 2 goals out of nothing.  Robinson played his first league game I think.  I felt sorry for him, but at least we avoided the prospect of Andy Taylor against Traore.

Grealish, on that snowy night when Alf scored the only goal, played well but nothing we couldn't deal with, one of our few clean sheets and wins that season.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Yeah, Traore for me, based purely on performance at Unibol.  Ripped us apart, created 2 goals out of nothing.  Robinson played his first league game I think.  I felt sorry for him, but at least we avoided the prospect of Andy Taylor against Traore.

Grealish, on that snowy night when Alf scored the only goal, played well but nothing we couldn't deal with, one of our few clean sheets and wins that season.

Grealish smashed the bar with a 25 yard volley out of nothing.

That was the moment when I changed my mind about him and realized that he was a good ‘un.

• Members
24 minutes ago, Steejay said:

That was the moment when I changed my mind about him and realized that he was a good ‘un.

He spent the entire game walking and absolutely bullied us.

Drogba & Lampard toyed with us like a gorilla with a stupid fat American kid 

44 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Not doubting that but I have no recollection of it.  Watched the brief highlights and nothing on there either.  To repeat I'm not questioning it, just surprised its not on and a good excuse to re-watch us beating Villa with some players that wouldn't get in today's team.

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Traore wasn’t dealt with against boro too much fear should’ve been smashed early doors

Couldn’t get near enough to smash him.

I remember saying ‘It’s not fair that he’s playing against us’. 🙄

20 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Traore wasn’t dealt with against boro too much fear should’ve been smashed early doors

TBF a lot of stronger, quicker players than we had have tried smashing him, they just bounce off and he carries on as if he playing against U18s.  Man U couldn't live with him from what I saw last week, but he lacked the final ball.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Not doubting that but I have no recollection of it.  Watched the brief highlights and nothing on there either.  To repeat I'm not questioning it, just surprised its not on and a good excuse to re-watch us beating Villa with some players that wouldn't get in today's team.

Criminal that it’s not on the highlights ~ it was at the away end.

He was the only one to turn up for them, the rest were wishing they were back home with their slippers on. It was nice to get one over that fat, rubber nosed DMB.

• Site Supporter
50 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Criminal that it’s not on the highlights ~ it was at the away end.

He was the only one to turn up for them, the rest were wishing they were back home with their slippers on. It was nice to get one over that fat, rubber nosed DMB.

Pointless highlights anyway, can't see the ball.

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Put £100 on us to win before kick off when the snow fell. A great leveller. 

Think I won just under 5 ton. 

Kerching! 

• Moderators
On 08/09/2021 at 23:47, DavidLeesMullet said:

Looks like all that kneeling in supplication to their racist Marxist overlords has finally affected England's performance.

14 hours ago, DavidLeesMullet said:

Seems to affecting Bolton's performance too.

pipe down otherwise I'm changing your username to DLM