Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Members
3 hours ago, gonzo said:

Just took 3 weeks to cancel a goal for Juve. I fuckin hate VAR with all my heart.

The World Cup is going to be a nightmare :(

VAR has reached a point where it has to be ditched. How does it take three and a half minutes to award a goal when every single one of us knew from one replay that it was a goal without any doubt?

Ruining games and denying us of some stellar moments for the sake of half a fucking millimetre. Ludicrous.

The World Cup will be shit anyway. VAR will just add an extra layer and it won't be glitter. Looks like the US, England and Australia are determined to make their protests and FIFA are threatening to severely punish. Should be interesting from this point of view if nothing else.

To echo comments of FIFA and the Qatari government, it should be about football and nothing else. Sadly, in FIFA's case, this stance is only when it suits them. Just watch how quickly they revert to telling us all how we should think once their corrupt World Cup is over.

Edited by bolty58

6 hours ago, bolty58 said:

VAR has reached a point where it has to be ditched. How does it take three and a half minutes to award a goal when every single one of us knew from one replay that it was a goal without any doubt?

Ruining games and denying us of some stellar moments for the sake of half a fucking millimetre. Ludicrous.

The World Cup will be shit anyway. VAR will just add an extra layer and it won't be glitter. Looks like the US, England and Australia are determined to make their protests and FIFA are threatening to severely punish. Should be interesting from this point of view if nothing else.

To echo comments of FIFA and the Qatari government, it should be about football and nothing else. Sadly, in FIFA's case, this stance is only when it suits them. Just watch how quickly they revert to telling us all how we should think once their corrupt World Cup is over.

I thought it was supposed to be for clear and obvious errors. This is based on what pundits say so can't be wholly relied on. And even after numerous replays and angles they don't often agree

Anyway, if it is then if VAR gets involved, give them ten seconds to decide. If it's clear and obvious then they could do it in five 

2 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Saw that last night.  Curious as to how the game was allowed to finish?  I thought a game was abandoned if a team went down to 7 or less?

I think it was pretty much abandoned according to Tim Vickery on Trans Euro last night, they only had a couple of mins of ET to play  when the goal went in and all hell broke loose.

Technically only a friendly as well, it's a charity shield type game!

13 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Southampton fella been axed 

Despite being hammered 9-0 on a couple of occasions still managed to hold onto his job 

Seemed like they would lose five in a row, win five in a row and eventually be safe 

Not sure what Southampton really expect 

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

Despite being hammered 9-0 on a couple of occasions still managed to hold onto his job 

Seemed like they would lose five in a row, win five in a row and eventually be safe 

Not sure what Southampton really expect 

Listening to RH last night, he sounded thoroughly cheesed off with it all and resigned to his sacking. Reckon it will have been a relief. 

• Moderators
10 hours ago, ZiggyStardust said:

VAR ? PFFFT.

The ref was Facundo Tello 

He's officiating at the world cup 

Will keep an eye out for him, might be worth a flutter on booking points when he's in charge

10 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I mentioned this on the Barnsley thread, I have it as FGR not Pompey.

You know what you're right. FA website has it as the 7th (FGR) our official fixture list I downloaded pre season has it as 14th (Portsmouth)

I blame Hart.

Charlton are the only London club left in the EFL Cup after tonight.

Watched Chelsea v City which City predictably walked, but felt sorry for Connor Hall's little brother who played well overall but couldn't put away a couple of decent chances. Only 18 though so I hope he isn't gutted for too long.

6 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

Charlton are the only London club left in the EFL Cup after tonight.

Watched Chelsea v City which City predictably walked, but felt sorry for Connor Hall's little brother who played well overall but couldn't put away a couple of decent chances. Only 18 though so I hope he isn't gutted for too long.

Well I never knew that.

57 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Yup - another one that got away. That said he signed for Chelsea when he was still a foetus.

Well, he is Souvern (Slough) and it's not like we really brought Connor on, did we.

Met him once in Homebase. I was with a friend who somehow knew him. Talking about how he wanted a run in the team he actually welled up with his frustration.

Time has shown that he's Conference at best but he was potting dozens in the reserves at a time we were properly shit.

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Well, he is Souvern (Slough) and it's not like we really brought Connor on, did we.

Met him once in Homebase. I was with a friend who somehow knew him. Talking about how he wanted a run in the team he actually welled up with his frustration.

Time has shown that he's Conference at best but he was potting dozens in the reserves at a time we were properly shit.

I'm more frustrated for the young'uns we let go who went on to become quality players in the past to be honest, Mooy and Dzemaili spring to mind. I know neither had a chance of playing at the time, but how we could have done with them over the last 10 years even though we'd have sold them when the finances went west. Nonsense I know, but I still can't help wondering....

5 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

I'm more frustrated for the young'uns we let go who went on to become quality players in the past to be honest, Mooy and Dzemaili spring to mind. I know neither had a chance of playing at the time, but how we could have done with them over the last 10 years even though we'd have sold them when the finances went west. Nonsense I know, but I still can't help wondering....

I think both Mooy and Dzemaili left of their own accord.