Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Well, I came close. I went down a pit, to the coalface, in Grimethorpe. Scargill's base.

Did you not get there too late? 🤣

• Moderators

Only potential banana skin I can see for city is spurs away who seem to be able to get results against city

That's the game will decide it for me

Then arsenal do an arsenal and lost to Everton on last day

• Members
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, little whitt said:

Look better then CITY 

A joy to watch 

hope they win it 

Funny how we see things differently. I watched City and thought 'calm assuredness'. I don't get that with Arsenal. Almost blew a 3-0 lead.

Everyone is looking at their game away at at the theatre of dweebs as their key match. I think there's a fair chance that their next home game might be the banana skin.

I can see City winning all of their remaining games.

Edited by bolty58

1 minute ago, bolty58 said:

Funny how we see things differently. I watched City and thought 'calm assuredness'. I don't get that with Arsenal. Almost blew a 3-0 lead.

Everyone is looking at their game away at at the theatre of dweebs as their key match. I think there's a fair chance that their next home game might be the banana skin.

I see exactly the same.

I've been guilty of it in the past.

Its easy to confuse entertaining football with actual ability and technique.

City weren't at their best but just looked like they were never going to lose. They know how to kill a game. 

....the Spurs game was ace and entertaining but highlighted massive frailties in both teams.

City don't have them frailties.

• Members
4 hours ago, gonzo said:

I see exactly the same.

City weren't at their best but just looked like they were never going to lose. They know how to kill a game. 

....the Spurs game was ace and entertaining but highlighted massive frailties in both teams.

Spot on IMO.

Fascinating that we have three Basque managers in the PL and they are all outstanding. I never doubted that Unai Emery would bring success to Aston Villa. They are supremely lucky to have him as he would grace any of the so called 'big six' (excluding those Arsenal gits for obvious reasons!). I am expecting Champions League qualification and likely a European trophy for Villa this season (factor in that I know nothing about football as highlighted by the leader of the site illuminati when I predicted this success upon his appointment so probably wiser to ignore me). Emery will then receive the adulation and recognition from their fans so far reserved for Ron Saunders only. Our future king will be happy.

Arteta was always going to be a success but Iraola has arguably achieved an even greater success (with minnows) than the other two. I don't think anyone particularly fancies playing his team at the moment. This is why I have a hunch that they might be the banana skin Arsenal were hoping to avoid.

13 hours ago, Zico said:

Only potential banana skin I can see for city is spurs away who seem to be able to get results against city

That's the game will decide it for me

Then arsenal do an arsenal and lost to Everton on last day

Not a chance, that will 5-0 minumum.

9 hours ago, gonzo said:

I see exactly the same.

Bang on this.

Can see CIty winning it by a few points....and close to 10 more than the RS.

And they will have won it at 60-70% all season.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Spot on IMO.

Fascinating that we have three Basque managers in the PL and they are all outstanding. I never doubted that Unai Emery would bring success to Aston Villa. They are supremely lucky to have him as he would grace any of the so called 'big six' (excluding those Arsenal gits for obvious reasons!). I am expecting Champions League qualification and likely a European trophy for Villa this season (factor in that I know nothing about football as highlighted by the leader of the site illuminati when I predicted this success upon his appointment so probably wiser to ignore me). Emery will then receive the adulation and recognition from their fans so far reserved for Ron Saunders only. Our future king will be happy.

Arteta was always going to be a success but Iraola has arguably achieved an even greater success (with minnows) than the other two. I don't think anyone particularly fancies playing his team at the moment. This is why I have a hunch that they might be the banana skin Arsenal were hoping to avoid.

Xabi Alonso is Basque as well