Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

When I was a kid they were called Fleetwood Freeport and were playing in the west lancs Saturday league!

Some of the lads that played for my dads Sunday pub team played for them on a Saturday! Crazy.

They were actually called Fleetwood Wanderers for a bit in some mad re-branding attempt that didn't work.

Amazing what they have done and Andy Pilley has made some brilliant decisions along the way. It's not just about throwing money around. He's made some sound investments that paid off and got the foundation of the club built before he did anything.

When I was a kid they were called Fleetwood Freeport and were playing in the west lancs Saturday league!

Some of the lads that played for my dads Sunday pub team played for them on a Saturday! Crazy.

They were actually called Fleetwood Wanderers for a bit in some mad re-branding attempt that didn't work.

Amazing what they have done and Andy Pilley has made some brilliant decisions along the way. It's not just about throwing money around. He's made some sound investments that paid off and got the foundation of the club built before he did anything.

I think i actually saw Rossendale  ( where i live) play em, maybe mistaken.   Then again in that time i saw my local  non league club play accey stanley in the 90's! Now Rossendale Utd no longer exist and will never be reformed as they have been dead for 5 years or more.

Guest bwfcdan

Gibraltar played a friendly away at Estonia tonight. First 'official' away friendly. Drew 1-1. A young lad who plays for Gloucester City getting the equaliser.

Not too shabby at all that for them! Cracking result. Will be good to see them in the Euro qualifiers.

Also, that result alone should see them jump above Scotland in the World rankings.

• Site Supporter

M3-11547302--660x371.JPG

Photo of the Eibar team celebrating promotion last night, note the C U Jimmy hat centre back row.

By contrast, Mallorca are in real danger of going to the third tier

Gartside-esque guidance, of course.

• Moderators

Randomly I'm sure I read once that Busta Rhymes used to holiday in Fleetwood

As for Wembley being empty it must still be a buzz for the fans and especially the players to play there

The lad Pond from fleetwood who is in his testimonial year made his debut 10 years ago in front of 81 fans that's some fairy tale rise. 14,000 on today must have felt empty Wembley.

It wasn't exactly bursting at the seams, Mounts. Good day out though, and good to see Fleetwood promoted to play PNE and Sheffield United next season.

They did a good job with the re-building of Wembley. Shame it's so expensive. Maybe there's a connection.

PS : Pissing down in London all afternoon. And they say we get all the rain up here. Bah, humbug !

Edited by Rembrandt

Up to £8 million, if he stays in the prem.

My guess is City come in, just to add him to the squad as one of the homegrown, or Inter to sign him, and be back in the prem within 12 months....loan or a much smaller fee than £8 million!!

He aint all that anyway.

Dont see why they have it at Wembley,especially for div2 and Conference finals, sure the fans would rather have a near filled smaller stadium than 1/4 full wembley. Leeds or Hillsboro would have been ideal, just over an hour ish away for both fans. 

Either that or scrap the JP Trophy if they're going to give lower league teams a chance to play at Wembley in the play-offs.

You would have to ask the smaller clubs' fans what they prefer - a day out to see their club at Wembley, or a trip to a nearer but duller stadium. My bet is they'd want Wembley.

I wouldn't judge non-league football by the standard of 1 or 2 League play-off games. Play-offs are notoriously tight, edgy & nervous, with the odd exception. Try non-league during the season when not going to Whites games (for whatever reason) and see. I've seen some great football, though I make some allowance for them being part-time,

How any Whites fan can criticise non-league standards when they've been watching the Wanderers' professionals for the last 4 seasons is pots & kettles big time.

=@

does it matter where he goes?

just read they get 150k if he goes to italy

would it be more if he stayed in england?

What Pablo said

They were paid £1.5m for the loan last season and for some reason they think that would equate to £8m compo for the move. Not sure how that figure works but it's what the wireless said this morning