Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Snooker

Cheese

• Site Supporter

So the crowd “next door” just went apeshit and the player on the “quiet” table played on like nothing was happening.

A minute later a mobile phone goes off (quietly) and the ref goes all bossy and the player acts like he’s never heard a noise in his life.

Its fucking bizarre

Edited by Spider

• Site Supporter

And they’re all dopeshooters who have little brown boys shining their shoes outside the theatre before every game. They flick them a guinea for a job well done but give them a crack on the back of their heads if they aren’t spotless.

Their dickie bows are them pre-tied ones from Moss Bros.

And John Virgo is smoking heroin in that little booth and exhaling clouds of smoke into Steve Davis’s face.

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

And they’re all dopeshooters who have little brown boys shining their shoes outside the theatre before every game. They flick them a guinea for a job well done but give them a crack on the back of their heads if they aren’t spotless.

Their dickie bows are them pre-tied ones from Moss Bros.

And John Virgo is smoking heroin in that little booth and exhaling clouds of smoke into Steve Davis’s face.

Is that why Steve's developed a Dublin accent? 

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Spider said:

So the crowd “next door” just went apeshit and the player on the “quiet” table played on like nothing was happening.

A minute later a mobile phone goes off (quietly) and the ref goes all bossy and the player acts like he’s never heard a noise in his life.

Its fucking bizarre

They’re not exactly singing 20 pots 20 pots Neil Robbo though

6 hours ago, Farrelli said:

That was a kiss of death on Robertson. Really good game that though, nerves were jangling in the decider. 

Bollocks. It looked close but I turned it off when Lisowski played a poor safety thinking it was all over. 

35 minutes ago, Nowack said:

Bollocks. It looked close but I turned it off when Lisowski played a poor safety thinking it was all over. 

The clearance by Lisowski to go 12-12 was very gutsy. The decider was full of misses and poor safety which added to the nerves, proper crucible classic.

35 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

The clearance by Lisowski to go 12-12 was very gutsy. The decider was full of misses and poor safety which added to the nerves, proper crucible classic.

Robertson properly fucked that up. 55 up at 12-11 and he goes for a tough cut when there was a much easier option on the table 

2 hours ago, stevieb said:

This current frame is like 2 cloggers int conny club having a go on a wonky table

You sound like my mrs who will sometimes say “how did he miss that?” on a really difficult full length of the table pot. 

Just now, Farrelli said:

You sound like my mrs who will sometimes say “how did he miss that?” on a really difficult full length of the table pot. 

The frame I'm on about got re-racked. All the red and the colours on the right side of the table. 

All reds in the bottom right quadrant of the table. 

Never seen anything like it. 

Just now, stevieb said:

The frame I'm on about got re-racked. All the red and the colours on the right side of the table. 

All reds in the bottom right quadrant of the table. 

Never seen anything like it. 

Aye I saw that, sometimes they go awkward for the best of them. Most of my frames would be re-racked on that basis😀