Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cruciate Injuries - Reebok Stadium?

Garrp

After another cruciate injury to Clayton i'd thought id take a look and see if we have been unlucky or if it is linked to our pitch in anyway.  I've gone back and found all the cruciate injuries I can remember and put them in a table along with pitch (stadium) and other details.

I guess we then have to look at if it was a tackle (like Evans on Holden), or if his leg just gave way on the surface.

If it was the first time it had happened to said player or indeed the same leg if more than one cruciate injury.

Can we rule out Holden as it all started from a horrendous tackle by Evans?

I'm missing the info for which leg(s) Gardner had his on and how the first one happened. Bad tackle/surface?

anyway, here's the table. Does anyone remember any others we have had?

Dark red is when it happened for the first time at the Reebok.

light red is when it happened at the Reebok but it wasn't the first time for said player

cruciate.jpg

After another cruciate injury to Clayton i'd thought id take a look and see if we have been unlucky or if it is linked to our pitch in anyway. I've gone back and found all the cruciate injuries I can remember and put them in a table along with pitch (stadium) and other details.

I guess we then have to look at if it was a tackle (like Evans on Holden), or if his leg just gave way on the surface.

If it was the first time it had happened to said player or indeed the same leg if more than one cruciate injury.

Can we rule out Holden as it all started from a horrendous tackle by Evans?

I'm missing the info for which leg(s) Gardner had his on and how the first one happened. Bad tackle/surface?

anyway, here's the table. Does anyone remember any others we have had?

Dark red is when it happened for the first time at the Reebok.

light red is when it happened at the Reebok but it wasn't the first time for said player

cruciate.jpg

So fess up......ever kissed a girl who isn't a brass :D

• Site Supporter

You'd need to compare to other clubs. As you point out a number of those injuries were to the same player; once you've knacked it once I would imagine you're always at risk of doing it again. Be interesting to see the number of new cases compared to other teams. Wembley was apparently noted as a knee knackerer at one time so there may be something in it, though doubt it.

You'd need to compare to other clubs. As you point out a number of those injuries were to the same player; once you've knacked it once I would imagine you're always at risk of doing it again. Be interesting to see the number of new cases compared to other teams. Wembley was apparently noted as a knee knackerer at one time so there may be something in it, though doubt it.

I think that's the key. We need to rule out the ones that happened because of fouls and all ones that happened as a result of a first cruciate, then compare the rest.

anymore we've had with cruciate?

• Moderators

I think that's the key. We need to rule out the ones that happened because of fouls and all ones that happened as a result of a first cruciate, then compare the rest.

anymore we've had with cruciate?

You'd have to take into account every game played at the reebok, players for both teams and at all levels, not just at first team level whilst playing for us

Otherwise the data is, as they say, as worthless as a corner

You'd have to take into account every game played at the reebok, players for both teams and at all levels, not just at first team level whilst playing for us

Otherwise the data is, as they say, as worthless as a corner

but we don't have that data else I would,

What it does show is if you exclude all those caused by fouls and those that happened for a second time is that we never had any from when the Reebok was built to when we changed the pitch twice in 2007/2008.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1165046.print/

since then we've had 7 cruciate injuries that that didn't involve fouls and the player had never had the injury before.

of those 7, 6 were at the reebok and 1 was away at the DW.

What it does show is if you exclude all those caused by fouls and those that happened for a second time is that we never had any from when the Reebok was built to when we changed the pitch twice in 2007/2008.

Still not statistically significant. You need to spend a bit more time on this with data from all clubs over the same time period.

• Moderators

but we don't have that data else I would,

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1165046.print/

since then we've had 7 cruciate injuries that that didn't involve fouls and the player had never had the injury before.

6 at the reebok since 2007/08?