Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Top Gear.

barryk32

I didn'y know he was from the area, another reason for people to hate him

He is from Warrington and presumably had a cheap first house in Bolton area when he was working in Manchester.

He is also related to the 2 Evans brothers who played RU for Scotland in recent years. Their father was a golfer, and I think is CE's cousin.

I also remember seeing a Ferrari parked by the side of the road on the A50 a couple of miles south of Knutsford some years ago (2007 ish,maybe). It was Chris Evans's car, but when you run out of petrol it comes to a halt.

• Site Supporter

He DJed at a Bolton nightclub back in the 80s.

Frankly, if you don't love Carrs pasties you don't love life!

I work next door to the bakery

3 mornings a week i arrive at the office to the pungent smell of onions and mince being boiled and it turns my stomach.

You can fall out of love with things very quickly. See my ex wife for details.

Did jury service in Bolton recently, parked on Mecca bingo. Great walking past carrs pasties shop next to market each teatime for a "cheeky one" on way home.

At £1.38 though they're riding the crest of the wave though.

• Moderators

In the pie shop on Ainsworth Lane, bake their own pies, some fat lass comes in and asks for a Carrs Pastie Barm. We don't do Carrs, they're our own. "Oh" she says and leaves, empty handed. Confused me.

Always wished one of the pie shops in town would do a late night opening.

I'd much rather smash 3 or 4 pasties after a booze rather than the filth they serve in Nile, or whatever its called presently.

Always wished one of the pie shops in town would do a late night opening.

I'd much rather smash 3 or 4 pasties after a booze rather than the filth they serve in Nile, or whatever its called presently.

Man & Scythe is the place to be then. Saved my life after a monster session before now.

• Site Supporter

He is from Warrington and presumably had a cheap first house in Bolton area when he was working in Manchester.

He is also related to the 2 Evans brothers who played RU for Scotland in recent years. Their father was a golfer, and I think is CE's cousin.

I also remember seeing a Ferrari parked by the side of the road on the A50 a couple of miles south of Knutsford some years ago (2007 ish,maybe). It was Chris Evans's car, but when you run out of petrol it comes to a halt.

Aye, he lived on the Grasmere/Greenwood estate. Rough area in the late 80s early 90s