Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wigan Season Tickets

Mounts Kipper

I think 15 is a decent crowd for Wigan their marketing is very pro active and I think it is working to some extent, ours seems poor in comparison.

If it was 15,000 home supporters it would be. I reckon there was probably nearer 10,000 in the home ends... and that's after all the marketing.

Yes but they have historically got a following of about 3-4000 now they are close to us in attendances in other words our support has remained relatively static while theirs has increased they are taking support from our historical patch and we should be more pro-active in selling our club.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

If it was 15,000 home supporters it would be. I reckon there was probably nearer 10,000 in the home ends... and that's after all the marketing.

Wednesday took just short of 3,000. Worth mentioning that last night was one of those local promotions that Boro did us with - £25 in the away end, £10 in the home end.

Wednesday took just short of 3,000. Worth mentioning that last night was one of those local promotions that Boro did us with - £25 in the away end, £10 in the home end.

Plus it's traditionally the biggest home game of the year.

Yes but they have historically got a following of about 3-4000 now they are close to us in attendances in other words our support has remained relatively static while theirs has increased they are taking support from our historical patch and we should be more pro-active in selling our club.

I think it's a fair point. If Wigan weren't doing the marketing they'd probably be getting less than 10,000 home supporters turning up to home games. There's a load of lower league clubs around us and maybe we should be targeting those towns were support traditionally goes to either Utd or City. With these FFP rules, clubs are going to have to start getting more creative if they want to build their support base.

That's because folk who like Chorley / from Chorley are basically wigginers

Woah hang on there! Although not Chorley itself, after living in the Chorley borough for 29 years I can't say I know a single Wigan fan from these borders. Chorley is a strange land with a mix of Bolton, Blackburn and North End. Bolton should really make more of an effort to gain more support in this no mans land.

Woah hang on there! Although not Chorley itself, after living in the Chorley borough for 29 years I can't say I know a single Wigan fan from these borders. Chorley is a strange land with a mix of Bolton, Blackburn and North End. Bolton should really make more of an effort to gain more support in this no mans land.

This is exactly where I'm coming from and not only Chorley we should be pushing for support across greater Manchester and across Lancashire there are already some supporters in areas like Warrington, Rochdale, Lancaster, Darwen, more should be done to grow support in outlying areas the train line should help bring in support its easy access to the ground and surely buses could be put on from areas difficult or awkward to get to the stadium such as Warrington or Rochdale. Really we should be breaking our back to attract new support just 100 new lifetime supporters are worth 100s of thousands of pounds to the club and I don't think the club look at it like that and they should do.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Plus it's traditionally the biggest home game of the year.

Boxing Day yes, but I wouldn't say an evening game in the no man's land between Christmas and New Year necessarily fits the bill.

With our recent recovery in form I'm certainly seeing a lot more Bolton tops in Leigh than recently. Still too many Latics, though.

The turd will flush soon again.

Lets not worry about them too much

Granted, but that's not the point we need to build our support and in my eyes Wigan doing a better job off the pitch at gaining new support than we are, loads of folk I know in Chorley who support other clubs bought season tickets because they were cheap, we should be working hard to gain every single supporter we can muster. Edited by Mounts Kipper

Granted, but that's not the point we need to build our support and in my eyes Wigan doing a better job off the pitch at gaining new support than we are, loads of folk I know in Chorley who support other clubs bought season tickets because they were cheap, we should be working hard to gain every single supporter we can muster.

Had this exact conversation with a mate yesterday, our marketing is shite.

Buckshaw is where we should be pushing it, 12 minutes to the ground on the train and 10,000 houses in a small area.

We should be peppering these schools with free/cheap coaching courses and free/reduced tickets so kids are pestering their dads for a trip.