Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Boro 1 Wanderers 0

L/H White

it's a few, but for me up until Sat it wasn't or shouldn't have been an issue

the back 5 was pretty much picking itself and there was no one injured who'd walk straight back in

we had options in midfield, the only player we were really missing is Pratley - MDavies and Clayton are injured but may not necessarily get back in ahead of Clough or Janko

I suppose the arguement could be having to play loan signings disrupts your plans/flow - but likewise up front I'm not sure CDavies would be picked ahead of Le Fondre

Problem is that the players that have been out, Craig Davies, Heskey, Pratley, Mills are all big powerful types. I thought we were bulldozed by stronger more physical Forest at times, especially in midfield, and looked at our team and thought we had a team of midgets out there in comparison. I know Lennon has said similar.

There is a big weakness in our squad that without Pratley we lack presence in midfield. Have to sort that for next season.

I think Craig Davies would be picked if he was fit because, away from home especially, he'd make the ball stick more and we lack that. Le Fondre as good as he's been is not able to take enough pressure off the back four and midfield away from home as he's not that type really.

To get any result tonight were gong to have to dominate possession for long periods of the game because if they have enough possession they will break us down,it is going to have to be a pass,move and retain possession master class to get anything out of this game. I am not expecting much, but COYWM surprise me.  

To get any result tonight were gong to have to dominate possession for long periods of the game because if they have enough possession they will break us down,it is going to have to be a pass,move and retain possession master class to get anything out of this game. I am not expecting much, but COYWM surprise me.  

No. We can try the Dougie special. Control the game without the ball.

Has McNaughton been rubbing shit into Lennon's eyeballs?

Baffling decision he's not involved, experienced, talker, not the quickest but decent. Dont see point of him actually being here now, know its a season long loan but he must be wondering what needs to happen for him to get a game.