Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Labour Leadership Debate

Danny G

• Site Supporter

Department I work in are all labour supporters / voters..

Having only worked there a month I have to keep my mouth sealed when politics becomes the subject..

Either way.. Yesterday the subject was how great Corbyn is for pushing political engagement.. Despite the fact he probably won't be the leader for long.

I can't imagine there are many right centre minded teachers

Fucck that, say what you feel, you will end up hating yourself otherwise.

• Site Supporter

Swanny, are most becoming Academy's these days?

I ask because my lad will start next year and we have to choose; the local academy used to be dogshit but has improved beyond measure over the last few years and now is very good

They are going that way as it relieves red tape and allows more freedom to run the school as a business.. That means more money reinvested..

I chose to work in an Academy as I like the system.. Some don't.. It's each to their own really.

I'd happily sent Lil Swanny to an Academy

• Site Supporter

They are going that way as it relieves red tape and allows more freedom to run the school as a business.. That means more money reinvested..

I chose to work in an Academy as I like the system.. Some don't.. It's each to their own really.

I'd happily sent Lil Swanny to an Academy

Truth be told.. There are no bad schools.. The education system doesn't allow for them. It's all down to parents and the attitude that the kuds bring from home

That's my thinking too.

Whichever school Jnr wants to go to then that's his choice.

The biggest dossers i know went to bury grammar, had 5 really good mates at BG one is a recluse who only really leaves his flat to dress as an orc and run around some woodlands with other nerds, one is in a punk band in germany, one had a breakdown caused by a substance abuse problem which started at school and is just getting back on his feet, my best mate for years now has a pretty good job with barclays but has it as he's started working in their call centres at 18, the only one to 'benefit' from his education works in accounts for tetrapak last i knew

Edited by frank_spencer

as of monday my inheritance will be reducing by 2800 quid a month as my dad who is suffering from alzheimers, vascular dementia, cancer and one or two other wonderful things needs to do into a nursing home

cos hes always worked - in a factory i may add - he has to pay his way

forgive me for not having a great deal of sympathy for somebody being kept by me (and you) who has to move 20 miles

That's fucking awful but on the spirit of this thread it's not Corbyns fault. The beloved Tories( on this site) have been in for 6 years now

• Moderators

That's fucking awful but on the spirit of this thread it's not Corbyns fault. The beloved Tories( on this site) have been in for 6 years now

i know pal

its been the same for at least  30 years

i still felt it relevant as we were feeling sorry for folks who are having benefits capped

we as a country have to draw the line somewhere

Support? I support Bolton. I'm not one of these people who aligns themselves with a political party come hell or high water.

Well done you!!i could have sworn you were a working class but ok person who votes Tory because they've done alright for themselves and hates where they're from. Glad to be proved wrong ????