Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

'craft' Ale...

Beer 52 do some good ales but at £24 a month for 8 330ml cans and bottles I tend to wait for deals. Last Groupon was superb, £12 for 8 beers and a £24 months pass, deals like that are not often though

I got a beer 52 subscription off the Mrs for my birthday, £120 for 6 months. It's good but there's always one ale you don't drink until you are steamers and it's either that or turps. Usually a porter that tastes like death.

Won't be renewing but will spend a bit more getting the odd new ale from Booths or summat.

I got a beer 52 subscription off the Mrs for my birthday, £120 for 6 months. It's good but there's always one ale you don't drink until you are steamers and it's either that or turps. Usually a porter that tastes like death.

Won't be renewing but will spend a bit more getting the odd new ale from Booths or summat.

see for me they don't send enough porters or stouts, I get to many farmhouse,sours or gose beers

see for me they don't send enough porters or stouts, I get to many farmhouse,sours or gose beers

I had a sour one last month and it was bang on. We should organise a beer52 swop shop like we do with the panini stickers every 4 years!

I had a sour one last month and it was bang on. We should organise a beer52 swop shop like we do with the panini stickers every 4 years!

bloody hell the beer doesn't last 4 days let alone 4 years. :thumbsup: 

everybodys tastes are different,and the darker the beer the more I tend to like it

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

Wasn't keen on thst miself

Find saisons to be a bit "washing up liquidy" in flavour

For me their best one is Elvis Juice

The electric is very wheat beer ish in flavour

And I like my wheat beers

Elvis is a bit too citrussy

All about what you like, I guess and at least there's a choice to be had

Nice box,anyway

The electric is very wheat beer ish in flavour

And I like my wheat beers

Elvis is a bit too citrussy

All about what you like, I guess and at least there's a choice to be had

Nice box,anyway

Had some of their Tactical Nuclear Penguin a while back.

The outcry over such a strong beer caused them to call their alcohol free beer Nanny State

If you think Elvis Juice is dangerous then you need to stay well clear of Brewdog's Mr President which is 9.2%. Not quite a session IPA. Was drinking Beavertown's Gamma Ray last night. Very good.

Not had Mr President but Gamma Ray is also very drinkable too, is that 7%. Had a couple and had to move on to Neck Oil.

If you like Elvis juice try Clwb Tropicana.