Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Preston 0 Wanderers 0

burnden

Remember a good thrashing of them on that plastic pitch. We made it look easy.

Then played on it and realised how difficult it was. Slippery as took and shredded your skin. Terrible

I played on it just before they ripped it up. Couldn't believe what a bad state it was in up close.

The guy with the England top and face painted always sticks in my head with that clip

The lad in the turquoise ski coat zipped right up has always done that for me haha

Must have watched that compilation video about a thousand times as a kid. Always used to start off at Chester at home 5-0.

Happy times.

That's the sad bit about were we are at now. What highlights are the 10 year old Bolton fans going to watch on repeat now? The famous 2-2 draw at home to Brighton infront of 12k? Very sad state of affairs.

• Site Supporter

The lad in the turquoise ski coat zipped right up has always done that for me haha

Must have watched that compilation video about a thousand times as a kid. Always used to start off at Chester at home 5-0.

Happy times.

That's the sad bit about were we are at now. What highlights are the 10 year old Bolton fans going to watch on repeat now? The famous 2-2 draw at home to Brighton infront of 12k? Very sad state of affairs.

Makes the hair on back of my neck stand up. Also a bit glassy eyed.

• Site Supporter

Brilliant day, one of the best at Burnden. Really thought we had hit the big time being back in our current league. The Rioch 3 years were easily my favourite times watching Bolton and I include the European years in saying that. Nothing better than coming out the doldrums and giving some big teams a bloody nose in the cup

:lol: funny seeing fat frank before he was fat, bottom right of the screen 1;16 in, I remember seeing him that day I think i hugged him  :glare:

Remember going to Gillingham away on a coach he was on one season in the eighties he was busting for a pee but coach driver wouldn't stop so he tried to piss in an empty beer bottle, his aim was shite  :angry2:

That was the game that cemented me as a Bolton fan... Growing up in LH, surrounded by reds, family connections to the club, just of the back of their first success in years, I faced immense peer pressure to join their horde... My first pitch invasion exposed me to the biggest adrenaline rush I had ever experienced.

It was the first game I went to without adult supervision; the lad who instigated my attendance is no longer with us... This game is the reason I walk to the Macron from Walkden once a year; and for the all the highs and lows I will be eternally grateful.

But yeah, I've agreed to host a party so am shit fan out.

That was the game that cemented me as a Bolton fan... Growing up in LH, surrounded by reds, family connections to the club, just of the back of their first success in years, I faced immense peer pressure to join their horde... My first pitch invasion exposed me to the biggest adrenaline rush I had ever experienced.

It was the first game I went to without adult supervision; the lad who instigated my attendance is no longer with us... This game is the reason I walk to the Macron from Walkden once a year; and for the all the highs and lows I will be eternally grateful.

But yeah, I've agreed to host a party so am shit fan out.

Your one of the lucky ones born to be a white and a LH White at that.????

Fair fucks you LH/Salford lot. Thought I had it tough over this way but growing up surrounded by united/city lot couldn't have been easy.

Fair play for sticking it out,bet there's not many kids see it through nowadays

It's a piece of piss mate, the lot of them can't hold a a candle to the LH and Walkden whites and they know it and even though they wouldn't say it have grudging respect. The early 70s was the hardest time I didn't know 1 Bolton fan until about 1975 when I found out about Isaac Hunt and his brother who lived at the bottom of our street. Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Moderators

Always used to start off at Chester at home 5-0.

That was my first lesson that if you leave early you might miss a goal, left burnden terrace near 90 mins then heard the cheers as walking across the cat park as the fifth went in

Was genuinely gutted as unless you remembered to set the video you may not see the goal for some time, ie end of season compilation