Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Showers At Auschwitz

no balls

None there last Tuesday, mind you it was getting warmer by the day and was set for 33C on Friday as we left Krakow. Think it was hitting 38 C and 55% humidity over the weekend.

To be honest I'd be more concerned about the system of organised chaos they call an entrance system.

Edited by bgoefc

Not there last Tuesday, mind you it was getting warmer by the day and was set for 33C on Friday as we left Krakow. Think it was hitting 38 C and 55% humidity over the weekend.

To be honest I'd be more concerned about the system of organised chaos they call an entrance system.

It was carnage when we arrived. Not very well organised. It was the only bit that actually let it down.

It was carnage when we arrived. Not very well organised. It was the only bit that actually let it down.

Yeah! we missed the the first 6 or 7 minutes of our tour as maude was told her bag was too big and she had to put it in the locker room. We then rushed around trying to find the English tour. After that it was good , though perhaps "good" not the right word to use.

Was there last Wednesday, was warm as fuck, pissed it down on the Tuesday when I was up in Kielce.

Why do they have metal detectors on the way in?

Ps Kraków airport is a shit hole.

Pissed  down on our trip around the first camp. 

It and its large number of Jewish visitors is a potential target for ISIS and the other muslim nutters who believe its all Jewish propaganda.

Yes the airports not great but i've been in worse. They are renovating it. The new A4 motorway was a pleasure to drive on though.

Edited by bgoefc

Yeah salt mines are decent. £18 per adult is steeper than owt else we paid for. Its about 2 hrs 40 mins of walking down hundreds of flights of steps and through tunnels, which i personally found a bit boring once i had seen the large caverns. They use a lift back to the surface thankfully.

The castle is definitely worth a visit. Its free entry to most of the areas but its worth getting there early to get tickets for the royal quarters etc which are limited in number.

Get a tour around the jewish area. Schindlers factory is ok now they have a museum.

i'd recommend joining one of the free 2 hr tours from the square though the guides obviously expect a decent tip at the end. 

Lots of amazing churches and architecture around the centre and plenty of great places to eat and drink. Some great live jazz venues around the square.

You will get much better exchange rate if you change stirling over there. Very cheap for us Brits at the moment.

dunno how long you are there but next time i m there i plan to hire a car and spend some time in the mountains to the south.

We were there Monday to Friday last week and it was hot and humid. Not one stag party seen all week, though weekends might be different.

Edited by bgoefc

Not one stag party seen all week, though weekends might be different.

By far and out the worst place I've been on a stag do.

Why on earth they organised it there is beyond me.

Hostile,ripped off,cold,boring and all round shite.

Be nice for a jaunt with the mrs though.

By far and out the worst place I've been on a stag do.

Why on earth they organised it there is beyond me.

Hostile,ripped off,cold,boring and all round shite.

Be nice for a jaunt with the mrs though.

To be honest the only pissed up people we encountered all trip were the odd group of poles around tea time in and around the bars on the outskirts. That was around tea time so these lads (and lasses) had been on the lash all afternoon. They might have been celebrating Polands double Gold haul in the hammer and discus! One nearly got flattened trying to catch a tram! Highly entertaining.  :D

I struggled round Birkenau, 30 odd degrees with a hang over. Felt a bit guilty feeling sorry for myself given where I was.

Kind of put things into perspective, was surprised by the shear size of the place too. I'm still struggling to accept that people have forgiven those involved for what they did only 70 years ago. It's just one big fuck off conveyor belt of death.

Watched Hilters Henchmen yesterday - the one about Himmler...what an evil cunt he was.

Its hard to imagine there are still people living on this planet that suffered at the hands of that monster.

They interviewed a 'Doctor' from one of the camps - his justification for gassing people was it was better than them starving to death, exhausted and malnourished. Lucky them!

And one cunt used to sew kids together!!

Fucking hell it was grim.

Yeah! we missed the the first 6 or 7 minutes of our tour as maude was told her bag was too big and she had to put it in the locker room. We then rushed around trying to find the English tour. After that it was good , though perhaps "good" not the right word to use.

Snap! My tiny rucksack was still deemed too big... I'd folded it up and put it inside my Mrs even smaller bag... but they wouldn't allow us in with it.

So had to book into the bag drop place, and nearly missed the start of our tour.

Me and Maud are going, one of our customers strongly recommended it a couple of years ago and I've still not been. What else is there to do in the area?

Do the Segway tour around the Old Town... great way to get around.... never done it before but it was great fun.

Definitely do the trips to Auschwitz and Salt Mine under your own steam. The coach from the local bus station is decent and a 1/10th of the cost of the official tours. Book the tour of each online in advance. Salt mine you can catch a bus or train to it.

Jewish quarter is worth seeing as is the Schindlers Factory (we didn't go inside though - too tight!!!).