Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Change Of Owner?

onlyoneawalker

We very much hope that we can build on the continued support of a club steeped in history for many years to come.

We will not give up the fight of maintaining our Sky Bet Championship status. We believe we have a group of excellent players to work with and we hope that today’s news will give everyone a lift, both on and off the pitch.

The performance and atmosphere against Ipswich Town was excellent and we hope that the fans will join us for an important game at the weekend against our local rivals Preston North End.

First release praising the players and fans, the silence is deafening.

• Site Supporter

We are currently on 0.72 points per game we were on 1 point per game while Le Fondre was here last season for 17 games I think 1 point per game would just see us safe this season so you could say not signing Le Fondre been a big part in us getting relegated. Massive fuck up by Eddie just as I predicted it would be.

You may well be correct, but it's one big assumption, that we'll never know that accuracy of. Similar thing could be said about giving big Sam more funds for Drogba or whoever it was- we may be playing in Europe tonight!

We just don't know, and will never do so, so perhaps it's best to move on. Focus frustrations on the next game.

Fuck it.

Wasn't keen on SS at all when they rolled up, I think a part of me still isn't but we're in this together with them now so I'm backing them 101%. Just relieved we've dodged admin and I hope and pray that with some kind of miracle we can stay up.

I've warmed a bit to mi old cockney sparrer this past few weeks, just hoping he wants to put right that miss.

Thanks Eddie et al, whether he was a cunt or not that's history now. Thanks for the memories and all that.

Roll on Saturday and lets get off to a flyer, COYFWM.

• Site Supporter

You may well be correct, but it's one big assumption, that we'll never know that accuracy of. Similar thing could be said about giving big Sam more funds for Drogba or whoever it was- we may be playing in Europe tonight!

We just don't know, and will never do so, so perhaps it's best to move on. Focus frustrations on the next game.

Exactly. Some seem to be CERTAIN that signing ALF would have kept us up. He might have had a nightmare and not scored a single goal. He might have snapped his leg in the first game. He might have scored 50 goals and got us promoted. As you say, we will never know, but pretending you "predicted" anything in football is fucking bollocks.

• Site Supporter

I've warmed a bit to mi old cockney sparrer this past few weeks, just hoping he wants to put right that miss.

Same here. He's definitely saying all the right things. Particularly liked his "Up the Trotters!" at the end of his statement when the takeover was confirmed.

• Site Supporter

It worries me a touch that Deano clearly has the iq of a bin bag, but he seems to be surrounded by a shrewd bunch.

I've been facetious at times, but I just want us to have a club and team to be proud of again. Deano's mob are the only ones who seem to have the will to do it so let's just back them, it's our only job after all.

It worries me a touch that Deano clearly has the iq of a bin bag, but he seems to be surrounded by a shrewd bunch.

I've been facetious at times, but I just want us to have a club and team to be proud of again. Deano's mob are the only ones who seem to have the will to do it so let's just back them, it's our only job after all.

Hes quite an intelligent bloke by all accounts

It worries me a touch that Deano clearly has the iq of a bin bag

Eh, how could you possibly deduce that? I have heard very good things about the man, he may not be the most eloquent but he is very clever, he will also have a great eye for lower league players and will have numerous contacts via the NLFA, which he founded.

Personally I have a good feeling about this, they may not be loaded but you can be sure they'll have a proper business plan.

• Site Supporter

what makes you think that?

2 things

I met him years back and he was a complete space cadet

And

He thought the nets at Wembley were 317 feet high the thick twat.

But he's our thick twat.

I love the fact nobody saw the inner circle thing until the final announcement!

Nixon, iles, months of debate on here and the final result on chairman and ownership was a complete secret.

Iike another poster said its been like some bizare acid trip.

Fair fucks to deano and his men. They've been here from the beginning, they've had the goalposts moved a gazillion times and they've even been lumbered with some fucker else's tax bill.

I really hope this happens for them and the motives of all involved are good ones. Obviously they are in it to make money, I just hope they bring some stability and maybe a semi on of success in the meantime.

What a fucking saga it's all been, but at least we still have a football club.

Comon SS, please don't fuck us over.

• Site Supporter

I'm right behind it

If the survival charge doesn't happen, then let's hope this results in us pissing division 3 and getting a good vibe back.

Going to games with a spring in the step is all we need to be happy.

Remember seeing Deano in his prime in a red and white striped shirt. Must have been for Brentford though I can't remember the opposition. He scored 2 super headed goals and hell he was good. I think he had a knee op before we signed him so lost a bit of his spring.