Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Change Of Owner?

onlyoneawalker

Zach Clough apart I can't say I'd give a flying fuck if any of these under achievers were sold...or as is more likely given away if anyone would take them.

Same as me, I couldn't give a shit about the rest of them. Wheater is playing well, but he'll be off in the summer and he's injury prone these days.

If it means we go down and get shut of the lot of them, then so be it, get players in who show more passion and guts than this bunch of fannies.

Zach Clough has had 8 good games and dislocated both shoulders.

We wouldn't get a million for him.

Correct, he would need at least half a season playing well before he was worth anything. We would be lucky to get £1M for him, having said that, if somebody offered that amount, we'd be flogging him, I've no doubt about that

Don't know about anybody else but I am pissed off with this takeover bollocks ffs we are garbage on the pitch 1 bloody win bottom of the table lowest goals scorers clueless manager players that don't give a shit and an away record which is abysmal ! And an owner who has given up ! Who gives a shit about us fans obviously none of them!

Never a truer word.

ED is desperate to get rid

I'm sure he would sell to any reasonable offer

I certainly can't see him sanctioning bits of car park being sold off as well as pay day loans if a decent offer from Stelios was on the table

For all we know it could have been a tin pot offer that didn't put any money down for assets - ie give us the club to run and we will rent the ground off you

• Site Supporter

From the very little we know about both bids the Stelios one seems to have more about it , why does the club have to stay with an english owner and what will that have to do with eddie once it is sold?

he's a bolton fan...

He wants it to have a link 

So why hasn't he told them that?

Maybe he has. Just because Stelios says he hasn't heard anything, it doesn't mean it's true. I'm sure Stelios and his consortium will be doing all they can to force the issue. If he's that annoyed and he's heard nothing, then why has it taken him over 10 months to go public? - presumably some conversations must have been had, otherwise I'm sure something he would have been said before now.

Alternatively, it might have been that derisory an offer that it didn't warrant a response

I don't agree with Marc Iles that Eddie would be reluctant to sell to a foreign consortium.

At the end of the day, let's just say a middle eastern consortium put in a decent bid, say a few million more than the Holdsworth consortium. Would Eddie turn them down? I doubt it.

• Site Supporter

From the very little we know about both bids the Stelios one seems to have more about it , why does the club have to stay with an english owner and what will that have to do with eddie once it is sold?

he's a bolton fan...

He wants it to have a link 

• Moderators

So no different than over the summer then?

It's a fact of life that we and other clubs of a similar ilk won't/can't afford to turn down reasonable offers for any of our players

Not a fire sale though, which is what the opening line says

You can't get more than someone is willing to pay.

I agree, but you can refuse to sell, or hold on until you get your asking price (which you may or may not get offered) especially if as it seems there are multiple parties interested in buying