Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Change Of Owner?

onlyoneawalker

We are a championship club in stature without a doubt, the support base needs someone to believe in and an owner to get behind, positivity and momentum is the key, this news is a small step in the right direction.

I think we are as big as a new owner's aspirations.

Average sized clubs can punch above their weight with good backing, fair play rules or not.

• Moderators

surely hotel income cant count towards club finances and the fair play rule thing?

otherwise bolt on a successful business and buy whoever the fuck you like and pay them what ever the fuck you like?

im not totally up to speed with the fair rules though the be fair... 

i think it can, but at the moment, FFP is the least of our worries

surely hotel income cant count towards club finances and the fair play rule thing?

otherwise bolt on a successful business and buy whoever the fuck you like and pay them what ever the fuck you like?

im not totally up to speed with the fair rules though the be fair...

Some can I think

Remember the UEFA FFP system had a large grey area to avoid city owners just lumping Ethiad into the books or getting Ethiad to sponsor the shirts for £500m

So even if his commitment has been overstated and he has only put £100m in, it does seem strange that people whose commitment does not stretch to getting a bus/train to the ground are slagging him off.

That is not a dig at fans it is a dig at non fans.

Hold on.

Eddie has taken out millions in interest

Eddie Davies is minted

He's never given us that much money, don't be daft

Where has all the money gone, it's one big con?

As I've been saying for ages. Eddie Davies is a saint. People who have never read a set of accounts before suddenly look at their football clubs, don't understand them, don't like what they see, make up their own reasoning and have tried to drag our owners name through the mud.

Eddie Davies has single handedly made it possible for the club to have its best 10 years in recent history.

I'm sure there will still be some that don't believe it though. After all, it's all a smoke screen!

• Site Supporter

We are a championship club in stature without a doubt, the support base needs someone to believe in and an owner to get behind, positivity and momentum is the key, this news is a small step in the right direction. 

I'd be delighted if we became a stable mid-table Championship club with the odd promotion fight thrown in every few years. Maybe a good cup run here and there. Think that's our realistic level if we're to operate without someone chucking in silly money.

I'd be delighted if we became a stable mid-table Championship club with the odd promotion fight thrown in every few years. Maybe a good cup run here and there. Think that's our realistic level if we're to operate without someone chucking in silly money.

Think we'd all snap your hands off for that

Pretty much sums it up as to where we are in the pecking order

Everyone has had a right to be sceptical until they saw the conditions of ED's exit

We aren't sheep

So what's the excuse now?

The sheep are those that follow any daft fucker on twatter or facebook instead of reading the audited accounts.

Just read the fucking accounts.

Despite the fact we would all settle for that right now that won't be ambitious enough for the new owners...they'll want to be in the promised land sooner rather than later

• Site Supporter

Normally agree with Eddie's posts but not convinced ED is a saint nor do I think he's a crook. I think he has given bwfc a fair bit of his wedge but I think he has took out a fair bit.

Let's hope some rich bastards but us now!

Did you not read the statement? He's £170-odd million out of pocket.