Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Supporters Trust - Foundation Meeting

Mounts Kipper

If and its a big if BWFC get bought and the money gets ploughed in, will that meeting be worth feck all?

The argument tonight when asked that was no owner can ignore a legitamate supporters trust. The trust may not have any legal authority but the way they were selling it was that the group would hold a level of influence (even in the background)

Edited by DIPS

The argument tonight when asked that was no owner can ignore a legitamate supporters trust. The trust may not have any legal authority but the way they were selling it was that the group would hold a level of influence (even in the background)

Don't get me wrong here I want this to work, I just get the feeling as if this whole thing is a conversation someone's had pissed up over Xmas on how to put the world right etc

Can someone who went please explain what a supporters trust does ?

Does it help us get out of the mess ? Or is it reliant on someone else getting us out of the mess and then the Trust gets involved ?

Has today's meeting just been a load of fans agreeing that they want fans to have more say ?

I genuinely do not understand.

Does it help us get out of the mess ? Or is it reliant on someone else getting us out of the mess and then the Trust gets involved ?

Has today's meeting just been a load of fans agreeing that they want fans to have more say ?

the rich silver fox from Portsmouth said what we need are local folk with a bit of coin. What I took out of it is it'll be good to have out trust and the assistance of those that know but at the end of the day what we need is cold hard cash.

• Moderators

have you watched it?

way i see it

simply

its a supporters club with bells and whistles

the supporters club can then do what they want from raising money to buy a part/all of the club to trying to influence the ownership by weight of numbers

from what i can pick up of our group, theyre not going to be buying the bwfc we have today

but if it gets picked bare, they might be able to salvage the scraps

I'm very much open minded on the concept and wish it every success and more than happy to sign up for it if it helps keep the club alive. A greater say in the club would be great, but it feels like a conversation for another day given the immediate danger for the club.

However there aren't many parallels with Pompey as far as I can see, as their fans took on a post-admin club with the lower running costs of what at the time was an inevitable relegation to League Two, and even then the initial fundraising at the time they took over was seemingly c£5m, which wouldn't keep us going for very long. The more likely situation is a c20% shareholding and a seat on the board alongside a new owner who is happy to chuck in the required £10m+ a year in the same vein as Swansea, but surely finding said new owner is the problem we've been faced with all along?

Happy to be put right if I've misinterpreted anything.

Is anyone on here proposing to put themselves forward for a role within the trust?

I'd be more than happy to get involved.

I work for myself from home, I can make time available.

But put myself up for what will end up being a popularity contest or who do you know quiz? No, ta.

• Site Supporter

it would for once be a sole voice for the supporters of bwfc.

who knows what will happen with the club in the next few weeks, sold, administration , closed down.

the more supporters who are under the same banner may make a difference. at the moment their is no such thing.

the trouble is over many years there has not been a credible supporters group.

there are too many cynical "fans" who just slag anyone off who they don't agree with.

we all support BWFC  ,for once we now have an opportunity to come together ,and god willing will still have a club to follow.

anyone who wants to get involved can do, 

I'd be more than happy to get involved.

I work for myself from home, I can make time available.

But put myself up for what will end up being a popularity contest or who do you know quiz? No, ta.

Harness the WW vote with unlimited sausage, Burger King vouchers and the odd reacharound and you can't lose.

have you watched it?

way i see it

simply

its a supporters club with bells and whistles

the supporters club can then do what they want from raising money to buy a part/all of the club to trying to influence the ownership by weight of numbers

from what i can pick up of our group, theyre not going to be buying the bwfc we have today

but if it gets picked bare, they might be able to salvage the scraps

I had to drive from Worcester to Manchester after work so missed it.

To play devils advocate here, if I am thinking of buying the club and putting £25m up front I think I am more likely to do that if I then get the chance to make my own desicions rather be expected to answer to a pressure group. I think the idea of the trust is brilliant as an idea but in a business that is ruthlessly commercial not sure how it works.

There again having people who were supposed to know what they were doing ain't worked too well.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with those who set the ball rolling, just making it clear that supporters trust members can vote someone off a steering group. Join up and have your say.
It's very easy to be a critic without doing anything.
For once just take your hat off to those that had the bottle to start this venture off.

• Moderators

aye, thats spie

fm company

it would be interesting if he was a big cheese but im not holding my breath

the guy from spie

has done some design works in the stadium

so hes like the rest of us

working for a living