Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Supporters Trust - Foundation Meeting

Mounts Kipper

If this has any chance of working people have to be reasonable and accept that the folk trying to get it going will along the way make what some people will consider mistakes. It is all new so if there is something people do not like it should be raised constructively.

Eventually the leaders of the Trust I imagine will have to be elected but realistically in the short term with the role of the Trust undefined how can anyone decide who is the best person with right skills if the whole thing is still evolving.

But until the role and make up of theTrust is defined it is hard to understand how people on the edges can get behind it, at the moment IMO it sounds like a nice idea, but in our current situation we need something tangible and we need it pretty quick.

Peter Kay needs to do a tour

On the face of it, not a bad idea. Shame he has no interest in football or the club. A few stadium gigs at the Macron would bump up the coffers.

You could ask Paddy McGuinness - but you'll be talking a lot less cash. After all, he's always talking himself up as the big fan for some time.

Constructively.....

Can I remind the out of work political types, you are not spending public money anymore.

If BWFC offer the room free , take it.

If anyone offers anything free, take it.

Beg borrow & steal, you'll need every penny spare that you can. Negotiate, drive prices down, so on & so forth.

Which begs a question/concern not discussed yet, at some point, especially if the ST get to a point of part ownership or more..... I'm guessing , these guys at Pompey aren't doing the running for nothing? I'm guessing there's a point it becomes a job? What happens then?

Who makes these financial decisions, because I'd raise an eyebrow at political types & accountants making those decisions, you need businessmen involved then, folk used to tendering & contracts etc.

Just a thought!

Constructively.....

Can I remind the out of work political types, you are not spending public money anymore.

If BWFC offer the room free , take it.

If anyone offers anything free, take it.

Beg borrow & steal, you'll need every penny spare that you can. Negotiate, drive prices down, so on & so forth.

Which begs a question/concern not discussed yet, at some point, especially if the ST get to a point of part ownership or more..... I'm guessing , these guys at Pompey aren't doing the running for nothing? I'm guessing there's a point it becomes a job? What happens then?

Who makes these financial decisions, because I'd raise an eyebrow at political types & accountants making those decisions, you need businessmen involved then, folk used to tendering & contracts etc.

Just a thought!

Some good points.

This will come out in due course. From what was mentioned at the meeting the directors cannot take dividends out for being directors, so this sound like wages are being paid but no dividends are taken.

It's early stages and those involved now may not be involved further down the line as it depends on votes.

This is where I dont mind political types being involved as I am hoping their network of contacts should be able to open more doors to money people.

maybe if she'd not made such a song and dance about quick quid we'd have had more money in sponsorship.

I think the people with money will come from other people rather than failed politicians.

maybe if she'd not made such a song and dance about quick quid we'd have had more money in sponsorship.

I think the people with money will come from other people rather than failed politicians.

I was more favouring the other guy rather than Hilling to be honest as I got the impression he was a genuine fan, although if Hilling knows someone with £25m to invest she can be chairwoman

I was more favouring the other guy rather than Hilling to be honest as I got the impression he was a genuine fan, although if Hilling knows someone with £25m to invest she can be make the tea

Surely the whole point of a supporters trust is to have supporters involved, not politicans.

I can just point out that Chris is to me a "proper" fan who I met on our trip to Monchengladbach and who I last saw last season in the ESU (I'm normally in the ESL).

Pleased he is a proper fan you'd hope that means he's doing this for the right reasons, it certainly came across that way on Wednesday. Also HW mentioned that they should embrace and welcome all BWFC fans this sounds obvious but it's worth highlighting that cliques of any kind should be actively discouraged this should be part of any constitution that is drafted up.

So the BWSA then?

That's where I'm at

If it needs a rebrand then fair enough

If they honestly think they are going to have a say on the important stuff (not just about the temperature of the pies a la BWSA) then they need cash so the trust can put its money where it's mouth is

My question is

How much cash is required to get a seat at the table?

Does anybody have any money?

I'll come a long, donate some time and put a few hundred quid in if it feels right

But I'd like to see what the numbers are looking like once they're organised

The cynic in me thinks well be a million miles away from getting a bit of control in Bwfc if it is what it is at the moment

Just like Pompey I think BWST will only be able to afford a seat at the table when there is nothing left bar a league registration (no ground, no euxton, no players, no lostock...)

I think we are at least 2 years and 2 admins off that yet

Edited by birch-chorley