Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Grammar Schools

birch-chorley

• Site Supporter

If someone works their way up, and wants to pay money for their kids to go to a certain school..

feck it..

let them

My daughter will be sitting the exams for Bolton School, that's why I work my arse off every day, to get the best for my kids..

If someone works their way up, and wants to pay money for their kids to go to a certain school..

feck it..

let them

My daughter will be sitting the exams for Bolton School, that's why I work my arse off every day, to get the best for my kids..

We're comparing apples and oranges.

• Site Supporter

I'd suggest saving your money.

That's half the reason why I had a career change at 31, and now Mrs Swanny is doing the same...

and why i'm stressing at a screen at 10.30 at night trying to work out the teachers pay progression evidence.. (not an easy system)

• Site Supporter

yup...

i'm very lucky to work in a very good academy that I would happily send my daughter to.. but its too far away for her, and if i'm still there and she wants to go there, great...

but Mum and Dad worked all hours to give me the best education they could, I want to be able to do that for my two, if they don't want that then its fine... 

FWIW, I would love to work in a Private or Public school..

• Site Supporter

So, just to play devil's advocate.....

...you've no qualms about being paid to work in a system that you don't think is good enough for your kids?

Kinell mick. Worked for the council for a while and was massively disillusioned by some of what went on. Reckon most folk can see weaknesses in their employers; just a case of doing your bit as best you can and trying to improve things through your own efforts.

Kinell mick. Worked for the council for a while and was massively disillusioned by some of what went on. Reckon most folk can see weaknesses in their employers; just a case of doing your bit as best you can and trying to improve things through your own efforts.

Kinell what? 

I don't believe he should have any qualms at all. Hence me starting with the words 'just to play devil's advocate'.