Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tv Shows

L/H White

8 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Apologies accepted. No, I definitely don't have a problem with black or mixed race kids in a TV show (or anywhere else for that matter).

I do have a problem with the virtue signalling mindset for positive discrimination which seems to be prevalent at the moment. It's reaching farcical levels with 'ethnic minorities' cropping up in medieval English drama's and the like; homosexuality in car adverts etc.

What next? Trannies on Songs of Praise?

You just have problems. 

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Apologies accepted. No, I definitely don't have a problem with black or mixed race kids in a TV show (or anywhere else for that matter).

I do have a problem with the virtue signalling mindset for positive discrimination which seems to be prevalent at the moment. It's reaching farcical levels with 'ethnic minorities' cropping up in medieval English drama's and the like; homosexuality in car adverts etc.

What next? Trannies on Songs of Praise?

I saw a black bloke play Hamlet a few years back.

A black bloke played Scrooge in a Christmas Carol down the Octagon last year. 

It’s called ‘acting’. It’s all pretend and made up. 

Yeah - I don’t believe anyone really holds views like this when it comes to ads and TV shows.

To this end, you’d only have Shakespeare performed in one set time period, set genders and rigidly stick to this. As Spider says, it’s creativity - the joy of it is you can do whatever the hell you want.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Guaranteed that number 11 bird in SAS Who Dares Wins has spent her entire adult life being told how fit and clever she is. Did not like getting told straight then.

That's what we're on now. 

• Members
16 hours ago, Spider said:

I saw a black bloke play Hamlet a few years back.

A black bloke played Scrooge in a Christmas Carol down the Octagon last year. 

It’s called ‘acting’. It’s all pretend and made up. 

Just for the record (and you can check back if you can find it), I want Idris Elba to be the next Bond.

All about context. Believable that Elba could be Bond. Not sure Barbara Euphan Todd would have envisaged her story being told this way.

You seem to be missing the point - it's the PC bollocks I am having a go at, not the actors.

Oh, and before I forget - I didn't get the significance of the farting scene in WG? Because kids laugh at farting? Did not think that particular bit was at all necessary and detracted from an otherwise excellent bit of TV.

Edited by bolty58

• Members
16 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Yeah - I don’t believe anyone really holds views like this when it comes to ads and TV shows.

To this end, you’d only have Shakespeare performed in one set time period, set genders and rigidly stick to this. As Spider says, it’s creativity - the joy of it is you can do whatever the hell you want.

So you reject the notion of positive discrimination being at play then?

On 03/01/2020 at 10:17, Escobarp said:

Just finished series 2 of You. Loved it

Been binging on series 1. Really like it. Probably geared a bit more towards the ladies, but the dark side of the stalking is keeping me interested. And the sex!