Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Personally think its very tough losing your top scorer in this league. They're like gold dust. If he was just a target be no issue. But when he's scored the majority of your goals too.....

He’s had the majority of chances too. Are there two penalties and a free kick in there too? Someone else can take them. And are we saying the easier ones couldn’t have been converted by someone else? The one at Sunderland and the one against Barnsley that Little just bounced off him spring immediately to mind as being in the ‘your gran’ category.

I quite like him, but it’ll be reet. We’ll not be playing with ten if he goes.

He’s had the majority of chances too. Are there two penalties and a free kick in there too? Someone else can take them. And are we saying the easier ones couldn’t have been converted by someone else? The one at Sunderland and the one against Barnsley that Little just bounced off him spring immediately to mind as being in the ‘your gran’ category.

I quite like him, but it’ll be reet. We’ll not be playing with ten if he goes.

I personally think without him we've got very little to trouble championship defences. ALF is no threat these days and needs a partner, something we won't do. Ameobi is off the boil and Vela is having a poor season. Time will tell, but I think he's been far and away our best attacking player and I'm not at all confident that we've got others capable of stepping up in form.

ALF hasn't scored goals at this level regularly for a long time and personally I think he's an impact sub if anything. We're desperate for someone who can match Madine's 10 goals, Chungy will create, but we need someone physical who can put the ball away. 

for once I agree with you

Depending on a replacement if any could mean a switch in formation and hopefully bring Alf in as front 2 with another

Serious question, over the past 3 years what suggests ALF should be playing? I don't see it. He's living off past repuation and very past reputation. Nice bloke and all, but he's not done anything this season when given a chance. 

Rewind 18 months Gary Madine was considered a fucking shithouse and rightly so.

Presently he's playing well and scoring a few goals but a million miles away from being irreplaceable. The lads is in something of a purple patch, the best spell he's had in a white shirt.

But i'll not too arsed if we get decent money into the club that benefits us long term. I'm keeping my powder dry until the close of the window and will review the picture then.

But my two penneth is that Madine isn't the reason we'll stay up or go down.

Edited by jimmyjoojar

• Site Supporter

ALF will score goals if we create chances. We just don't create enough because we hoof it too much to the big man. You can bet your life that if we keep Madine, Bristol City will put Flint on him all game and he will do jack all. We need to mix it up more and i'd say that even if Madine does stay, we need to make teams think more.

ALF will score goals if we create chances. We just don't create enough because we hoof it too much to the big man. You can bet your life that if we keep Madine, Bristol City will put Flint on him all game and he will do jack all. We need to mix it up more and i'd say that even if Madine does stay, we need to make teams think more.

Hang on a minute. We don't create chances but Madine manages to score goals. I agree we don't create loads, but that isn't changing anytime soon. Anyone playing up front will have to perform as well as Madine with the same service. 

Hang on a minute. We don't create chances but Madine manages to score goals. I agree we don't create loads, but that isn't changing anytime soon. Anyone playing up front will have to perform as well as Madine with the same service.

Give it a rest for fucks sake

You like him we get it.

He's done alright this season. Nobody is disputing that. He did ok in spells last season nobody is disputing that.

• Site Supporter

Fuck me Dan, you seem to think Madine is messiah. His record and our position in the league suggests otherwise. Sure, he's done quite well and fed off scraps but lets have it right, he's not one of the best strikers we've had in the last 20 years. I can think of loads better including several who played at the same level

Fuck me Dan, you seem to think Madine is messiah. His record and our position in the league suggests otherwise. Sure, he's done quite well and fed off scraps but lets have it right, he's not one of the best strikers we've had in the last 20 years. I can think of loads better including several who played at the same level

He's the first striker in a decade here to score double figures in two seasons back to back. 

I'd happily sell him in the summer. Not now though. And not for 2M up front. Whether he's good or not the fact is he's scored 10. The next highest tally is 3. Like it or not we're not going to transform into some magical footballing side because we're selling our top scorer. 

Serious question, over the past 3 years what suggests ALF should be playing? I don't see it. He's living off past repuation and very past reputation. Nice bloke and all, but he's not done anything this season when given a chance.

at Sheffield it worked a treat he took the marker away from madine enabling him to have more space, Alf himself didn’t do anything of note but he’s good at creating space and he can also finish

Imo it would work well a front 2 with Alf

at Sheffield it worked a treat he took the marker away from madine enabling him to have more space, Alf himself didn’t do anything of note but he’s good at creating space and he can also finish

Imo it would work well a front 2 with Alf

You're not fitting Ameobi and Lee into that system though.