Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

It’s good business IF we stay up.

If were relegated then KA can fcuk off for me.

If suitable replacements and strengthening happens elsewhere then I think that even if we go down its ok. There are no guarantees either way. 

If we're buying last minute cheap rubbish, or nothing at all then KA can do one. Its all about whether we have a stronger team at the end of January than we did at the beginning of January. Right now it looks considerably weaker so some of that money needs investing in the next few hours and needs investing well. 

If we go back down have we progressed? We'll still be making a loss and be back in league one with a worse squad than the one we initially entered it with. And bills mounting up.

I think Ken's done amazingly well to steady the ship short term. But I fear we've moved only a few yards forward and are about to be thrown backwards by a large gust of wind. And we're rapidly running out of stuff to discard to keep the ship afloat.

What ? Are you saying are bills are mounting up more than 2 years ago ?

What ? Are you saying are bills are mounting up more than 2 years ago ?

A lot like the loan to Blumarble have been deferred. That kicks in later this year. We are deferring as much as possible. Lot of late payments. We just agreed a payment plan for outstanding debt with HMRC for example.

Edited by bwfcfan5

• Site Supporter

Earlier on we were rumoured to be looking at bringing clough back.

If chunky is sorted and clough appears last minute, then all we need is a fit movies and it'll be like groundhog day.

Even lenny might come back to remove hats in training.

As a thought, what would folk think of putting Amoebi through the middle. Not great in the air, but could run in behind or run at defences.

A lot like the loan to Blumarble have been deferred. That kicks in later this year. We are deferring as much as possible. Lot of late payments. We just agreed a payment plan for outstanding debt with HMRC for example.

You were comparing now with two years ago. We can argue about squad quality that is subjective.

My only question was do you think debts are growing quicker now.

So keep Madine, yeah?

Or just keep offloading assets as a short term fix until there is nothing left? Perhaps then sell off the south stand to Wilko, yeah?

There is a balance between doing unpleasant things to keep the club afloat and selling off your best players on the final day of the transfer window having previously said you don't need to sell anyone. There is a balance between making sensible deals that balance out the team on the pitch and the bills. 

We're not striking that balance currently. And if we go down we lose a considerable amount of revenue. So the deal is perhaps sensible financially to an extent but should it affect our performance on the pitch the problem simply comes around again once the cashflow from season tickets is swallowed up by October again. Then what? My post was not saying Ken is at fault. It was merely stating that suggesting there is significant progress may reflect only a transient position rather than the full reality. 

You were comparing now with two years ago. We can argue about squad quality that is subjective.

My only question was do you think debts are growing quicker now.

Short term debt that will have to be paid, I suspect is higher now than 2 years ago. Of course the long term debt to Eddie/Brett etc has diminished greatly. But the short term loans to facilitate the purchase of the club will be greater than anything 2 years ago I suspect.