Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fleetwood 2-4 Wanderers

burnden

I expected nothing from today, so a great result which leaves us needing to win the match in hand. Thankfully, Scunny have finally hit their bad patch.  The second spot is ours to lose, but our home form suggests we might just do that. Sounded like Pratters had a decent game and hopefully, he can make the difference in midfield that we've been sorely needing. 

• Site Supporter

What pisses me off, is that we can beat Fleetwood away, come from 2 down to draw at Bradford and beat Sheffield and Scunny at home. But then we go and lose silly matches to Swindon, Oxford, Charlton at home. Just need consistency, and promotions ours.

It's called Football.

Thanks to the lads on the Bolton barmy army page on facebook for selling me a ticket with half an hour to go!!!

Great result, Pratley has been missed and was a rock for us today

Hard to pick a MOM, huge team effort, well done lads and lasses, great support too

Port Vale here we come! Gonna be messy

• Moderators

Great day - thought Pratley was immense.

Enjoy a nice unbiased report of the game at http://www.fleetwoodtoday.co.uk/sport/football/fleetwood-town/match-report-fleetwood-2-bolton-4-1-8433980

"Adam Le Fondre’s fluke opener cannoned in off his standing leg"

I've watched it a few times now and am just not seeing it, just looks like he whips in a cross cum shot to me

• Moderators

Well, madine fcuking destroyed them

One loon on the way out told me he kept giving the ball away

Fantastic performances all over the pitch, but when you think Pratley hasn't played since I was on my summer holiday, that was above and beyond

• Site Supporter

Brilliant absolutely great. I had a feeling after last week there were positive signs we might turn the corner. Alf getting 2 goals is massive, Pratley coming back is a surprise filip, Beevers and Wheaters performances and goals are the foundation for the promotion push. Velas redemption is complete, Morais is turning out to be an immense signing and Finally Parkinson has to take a massive amount of credit he was unbelievably being questioned last week. He's got this promotion push well and truly on the march

• Site Supporter

Press Association Match Report:

Bolton ended Fleetwood's 18-game unbeaten run with an impressive victory at the Highbury Stadium.

A freak Bolton goal sparked life into the game after an attritional opening period.

Fleetwood had just been foiled in a goalmouth scramble when Bolton launched a quick break down the right.

Adam Le Fondre looked up for support, but seeing none he went for glory himself, finding fortune as the ball struck his standing leg and floated over Alex Cairns and into the far corner.

Three minutes later Bolton looked to be in total control as Filipe Morais floated a free-kick to the back post, and David Wheater stole through the Fleetwood defence to power home.

Uwe Rosler's unlikely promotion candidates have proven themselves to be stubborn opponents this term and Kyle Dempsey showed skill and determination to pick a spot, drilling the ball past Ben Alnwick.

The Trotters could have stretched their advantage before the break as Wheater rattled the frame of the goal from 10 yards.

Fleetwood, a man down as Devante Cole lay injured, could not clear, and Gary Madine forcing Cairns to tip a header over the bar.

They did find the mark minutes after the restart, from another Morais free-kick, which left Fleetwood in disarray as Mark Beevers crept in at the back post to tap home.

And the victory was completed with 12 minutes to spare, Le Fondre applying a firm head to another dazzling Morais centre.

Bobby Grant danced through tired Bolton bodies to claim a consolation for Fleetwood.

So they also thought ALF's attempt for his first goal struck his standing foot and therefore he got lucky. But then they report that Kyle Dempsey showed skill and determination to pick a spot to beat Alnwick. Did they not notice the massive deflection off Derik? Shit reporting as per.

EDIT = Sky just announced that Dempsey's goal is a contender for goal of the day! Really?

Edited by MickyD

That's got to be the win of the season, we've got to kick on from here if we give everything from now to the end of the season we can get second place, theirs going to be some massive away followings coming up. Absolutely buzzing tonight! ???? Bolton are back! Bolton are back!

Bring out your riot gear boltons here!

Seems such a long time ago when we had such a good away day.

Let's hope this kickstarts us into a good run of form / results

And Parky will have some selection problems ... Now Pratley, spearing and karakan are available .

What pisses me off, is that we can beat Fleetwood away, come from 2 down to draw at Bradford and beat Sheffield and Scunny at home. But then we go and lose silly matches to Swindon, Oxford, Charlton at home. Just need consistency, and promotions ours.

No surprise. The Macron is Wembley for many players in the opposing teams. Look at the teams who Newcastle have lost to or drawn at home this season. Players naturally step up their game, its human nature.