Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

"sir" Kenneth

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter

Cant refer to the chap as SK any longer. The bloke as done well for us and hats off to him and his team.

Still can't understand why a good businessman would invest money in a club losing millions without an exit plan or long term target.

Only way he will get his money back is by selling on or staying and getting us in the PL.

Not looking through rose/white tinted glasses but I'm quite optimistic that the final outcome will be good and can see some good times on the horizon.

Once this Bluemarble shit is sorted and emabargo lifted watch us steam to a comfortable mid-table. ????????

Still can't understand why a good businessman would invest money in a club losing millions without an exit plan or long term target.

A good businessman wouldn't, so you have to assume that he does have some sort of plan.

I've long thought that once the embargo is lifted it gives him the opportunity to put some of his (or his Sons) players through the club, and that could be a nice little earner.

Anyway, here's hoping that he is able to sell us for a fat profit in a few years time

Cant refer to the chap as SK any longer. The bloke as done well for us and hats off to him and his team.

Only way he will get his money back is by selling on or staying and getting us in the PL.

Not looking through rose/white tinted glasses but I'm quite optimistic that the final outcome will be good and can see some good times on the horizon.

Once this Bluemarble shit is sorted and emabargo lifted watch us steam to a comfortable mid-table. ????????

Think he's done great job, but he's not invested anything of his own money has he?

Wants to sell but remain as chairman. It's a sticking point with the Americans and the British Indian group.

Who are these? Are they looking to takeover. Why does he want to stay on as chairman? I'm not for or against but they'd want their own people?

Who are these? Are they looking to takeover. Why does he want to stay on as chairman? I'm not for or against but they'd want their own people?

I presume they do, hence it being a sticking point - but yeah, two parties interested in a takeover/buyout however you want to term it.

He wants to stay because he'll get a decent salary and I guess he probably enjoys the job.

Edited by Kane57

Wants to sell but remain as chairman. It's a sticking point with the Americans and the British Indian group.

Unless something has massively changed since the end of the season, then he's definitely not up for selling his shares. Buying the rest of them and selling them is a different matter however.

You're right - he won't sell until he owns the rest. 100% of everything is better than 100% of half.

He wants to keep a controlling stake in the club. And has investors lined up to buy the rest of the shares. But he needs to own them first.