Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Members

Yes Ani - a lot of coverage including his launch of the party and introduction of Annunziata.

I will be surprised if they have problems. The natural destination for disaffected Leave voters. If voting in the European elections becomes reality (and I have a suspicion that it won't - the political elite will forge some sort of a deal on a supersoft Brexit in the hope of an easy future re-entry before it collapses and then be able to claim they "delivered Brexit") then I will be very surprised if he doesn't do very well and become an even bigger pain in the arse to the fat, arrogant gravy trainers in Brussels than he ever was before.

I hope Drunker, Barmier and Ghee Fuckoffstadt are having sleepless nights at the prospect.

Edited by bolty58

• Site Supporter

The continued labelling of ukip and now brexit party just fuels them.

Ukip has since taken a genuine lurch to the right and isn't the same as it was.

Farage has distanced himself from it.

Hopefully more moderate leave voters will be swayed to the brexit party, rather than be nugged into an organisation they wouldn't otherwise be minded towards.

2 hours ago, boltondiver said:

Just like Lammy?

yeah, right

I referred to the two characters in the picture that was posted and then went onto say that all bigots and racists from every political party should be rooted out, exposed and punished irrespective of their race, colour or religion. Have I done something wrong? 

talking of UKIP and brown folk..........

I got the UKIP leaflet through my door at the weekend, for the upcoming local elections, I was most surprised to see this is our local UKIP candidate (she's called Binanti Cuzner) - not who I would expect UKIP to be putting up for election down here in the Shires.

Binanti%20Cuzner.jpg

31 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

I referred to the two characters in the picture that was posted and then went onto say that all bigots and racists from every political party should be rooted out, exposed and punished irrespective of their race, colour or religion. Have I done something wrong? 

Dunno

your original post had summat like; not a racist bone between them

Which it what I responded to

I personally didn’t have you down as outing everyone who disagrees with you is a racist, hence my comment.

5 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Dunno

your original post had summat like; not a racist bone between them

Which it what I responded to

I personally didn’t have you down as outing everyone who disagrees with you is a racist, hence my comment.

We disagree on Brexit but that does not mean you are a racist, because you are clearly not and I welcome you challenging me on what I post. Trump has been sued for discriminating against black tenants and following the lawsuit committed to not doing it again and whilst Farage was the leader of UKIP he wanted to allow employers to actively discriminate on race. Take those two examples and make of them what you will but in my book they are tantamount to racism and I personally find that abhorrent and unacceptable. 

2 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

We disagree on Brexit but that does not mean you are a racist, because you are clearly not and I welcome you challenging me on what I post. Trump has been sued for discriminating against black tenants and following the lawsuit committed to not doing it again and whilst Farage was the leader of UKIP he wanted to allow employers to actively discriminate on race. Take those two examples and make of them what you will but in my book they are tantamount to racism and I personally find that abhorrent and unacceptable. 

I didn’t know about Farage and I would be pissed off if that’s true.

cheers

Edited by boltondiver

2 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

Can you post a link to the accusations you’ve made about Farage? 

14 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Can you post a link to the accusations you’ve made about Farage? 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/nigel-farage/11467713/No-dogs.-No-blacks.-No-Irish-is-now-Ukip-policy.html

Then, let’s look at his unusual deconstruction of the term British. As we’ve seen, in the LBC interview he was frantically back-peddling. But in the interview with Phillips he was more specific. He said, "I think the situation that we now have, where an employer is not allowed to choose between a British-born person and somebody from Poland, is a ludicrous state of affairs. I would argue that the law does need changing, and that if an employer wishes to choose, or you can use the word 'discriminate' if you want to, but wishes to choose to employ a British-born person, they should be allowed to do so."

Notice the way the same construction is used twice. Not just “British” but “British-born”. This has echoes of his endorsement of the reclassification of second generation migrants as “hidden migrants” that caused a storm last ye ar.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/nigel-farage/11466382/David-Cameron-deeply-concerned-about-Nigel-Farages-call-to-scrap-race-relations-laws.html

Edited by Salford Trotter

5 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/nigel-farage/11467713/No-dogs.-No-blacks.-No-Irish-is-now-Ukip-policy.html

Then, let’s look at his unusual deconstruction of the term British. As we’ve seen, in the LBC interview he was frantically back-peddling. But in the interview with Phillips he was more specific. He said, "I think the situation that we now have, where an employer is not allowed to choose between a British-born person and somebody from Poland, is a ludicrous state of affairs. I would argue that the law does need changing, and that if an employer wishes to choose, or you can use the word 'discriminate' if you want to, but wishes to choose to employ a British-born person, they should be allowed to do so."

Notice the way the same construction is used twice. Not just “British” but “British-born”. This has echoes of his endorsement of the reclassification of second generation migrants as “hidden migrants” that caused a storm last ye ar.

Not much different to the BBC and other companies requesting only BAME people apply for certain jobs

3 hours ago, Sweep said:

I got the UKIP leaflet through my door at the weekend, for the upcoming local elections, I was most surprised to see this is our local UKIP candidate (she's called Binanti Cuzner) - not who I would expect UKIP to be putting up for election down here in the Shires.

Binanti%20Cuzner.jpg

Why were you most surprised ?

Seems a bit smug and racist to me from someone down there in the “Shires”

9 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Why were you most surprised ?

Seems a bit smug and racist to me from someone down there in the “Shires”

I was surprised, as I didn't expect UKIP to field an Asian candidate in an area that's predominantly white and middle class. In fact I'm surprised they're wasting their time fielding any candidate, it'll be a landslide for the Conservatives as usual around these parts

I'm not sure where or why smug comes into it

3 hours ago, Sweep said:

Binanti%20Cuzner.jpg

Are you most surprised by a non white face representing a “far right party”, as folk like to say ?

If you’d have read the article I posted the other week regarding over 30% of all BAME voters, voting leave in the Brexit referendum, then you’d clearly understand her concerns and why she is standing.

Every credit to the young lady, especially for making folk like you wake up to what many have been saying for years, but yet called racists by those smug “Shires” like people.

Theres people on this forum who despise the likes of myself,Bolty,Mounts etc to name a few because of our forthright views, but those people would be the first to moan when hordes of “illegals” land on their doorstep and bring all the blatantly obvious shit with them.

When that day comes, and it will, make no bones about.....remember this...you reap what you sow.

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

I was surprised, as I didn't expect UKIP to field an Asian candidate in an area that's predominantly white and middle class. In fact I'm surprised they're wasting their time fielding any candidate, it'll be a landslide for the Conservatives as usual around these parts

I'm not sure where or why smug comes into it

Read your first line....

I didn’t expect UKIP TO FIELD AN ASIAN CANDIDATE IN AN AREA THAT’S PREDOMINANTLY WHITE AND MIDDLE CLASS

Utter smugness personified by a white and middle class person....no further words needed.

Fair enough..... But I can't help that the area is predominantly white and middle class. I'd have thought though that if UKIP wanted to gain some traction in this area (if they think they can) then they might have selected somebody who has more in common with the voting demographic of the area.

Fair play to her for standing, both myself and Mrs Sweep have already said were going to vote for her, as there is no way we can't vote for the "large" parties due to them fucking up us leaving the EU..... Sadly though, the Tory mob will get back in as usual

Edited by Sweep

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

Fair enough..... But I can't help that the area is predominantly white and middle class. I'd have thought though that if UKIP wanted to gain some traction in this area (if they think they can) then they might have selected somebody who has more in common with the voting demographic of the area.

Fair play to her for standing, both myself and Mrs Sweep have already said were going to vote for her, as there is no way we can't vote for the "large" parties due to them fucking up us leaving the EU..... Sadly though, the Tory mob will get back in as usual

Fair play to you fella and Mrs Sweep for deciding to vote for her, every credit to you both for that.

Re Ms Cuzner....She talks a lot of sense, and it becomes more evident when hearing it from a non white person. The likes of Batten and Robinson down your way, would be pelted with rotten eggs,tomatoes and unused BWFC season tickets, whereas, Ms Cuzner would be warmly welcomed and rightly so.

As for selecting somebody who has more in common with the voting demographic of the area, maybe that is her aim ?

To shake and wake the place up ?

It certainly S eems to have worked with yourself and Mrs Sweep......would you and your better half have openly admitted to voting for a UKIP candidate in the past ?

Mrs Sweep has voted UKIP before and never had a problem saying so. I've never done it before, mainly as I find Farage utterly repulsive.
 The old dear who lives next door to us has already commented on the fact a "paki" is standing...... That's what she's up against around here unfortunately.

It'll be interesting to see how she does, especially if she decides to go door knocking /canvassing over the coming weeks

Just now, Sweep said:

Mrs Sweep has voted UKIP before and never had a problem saying so. I've never done it before, mainly as I find Farage utterly repulsive.
 The old dear who lives next door to us has already commented on the fact a "paki" is standing...... That's what she's up against around here unfortunately.

It'll be interesting to see how she does, especially if she decides to go door knocking /canvassing over the coming weeks

Stop it fella...I shouldn’t laugh at your neighbours comment but I am.....poor old Mrs Garnett needs educating on diversity or referring to Prevent :D

She sounds like something from the 60’s.

The point you make re Farage is spot on, yet ironically highlights my point re a non white “racist” face being the chosen candidate.

As my link the other said “many second generation British Muslims” are concerned by immigration and migrants....that speaks volumes.

The second generation Muslims, love this nation, they’ve been welcomed here and rightly so, but they are genuinely concerned like a lot of us are....it’s not racism, it’s realism.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, royal white said:

Not much different to the BBC and other companies requesting only BAME people apply for certain jobs

With a proper immigration policy, as has been advocated recently, his desire for law scrapping won't be necessary. It will effectively do it at source.

Seems perfectly reasonable.

20 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

With a proper immigration policy, as has been advocated recently, his desire for law scrapping won't be necessary. It will effectively do it at source.

Seems perfectly reasonable.

You cannot abolish discrimination laws end of, it will be an open door for abuse. 

18 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

You cannot abolish discrimination laws end of, it will be an open door for abuse. 

Where do those laws fit in when large organisations can seek to employ people based on their colour when any colour is capable of doing the said job? 

2 minutes ago, royal white said:

Where do those laws fit in when large organisations can seek to employ people based on their colour when any colour is capable of doing the said job? 

Large organisations can't employ people because of their colour. It's a protected characteristic.