Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

Just now, royal white said:

Using Google, go back a few years and look at the demos after Brexit, after Trump got in and after Boris got in, use that as a start. Then come back and I’ll point you to some more. 

But these were your observations apparently, so it's for you to explain what they are if that's what you've stated.

It's just about backing up what you write, is all.

It’s like Mastermind on here. So many questions.

Anyway, BOE will decide on the 3rd Nov whether interest rates should rise. The day before, the US FED also decide. It’s widely expected that they (US) will raise their rates by 0.75%. 
The BOE will likely follow. As it stands, it will have nothing to do with the current chaos in the U.K. Things could change though depending on the outcome of the Conservative leader outcome. 

2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

But these were your observations apparently, so it's for you to explain what they are if that's what you've stated.

It's just about backing up what you write, is all.

Day 1 in power Is this normal? were there similar protests when a Labour leader started his job? 

https://twitter.com/Quicktake/status/1154312264721358848?s=20&t=F7j0dgvfS_eQwZf13NnYlQ

Did we have these kind of protests when Obama got in power 

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/2019/6/5/18653470/trump-uk-protest-london

As for Brexit I’m sure you don’t need a link. 

Edited by royal white

26 minutes ago, royal white said:

That’s one thing I’ve noticed Over the last 6/7 years,  the hatred from the left towards the right is on another level compared to that shown by the right to the left. 

Aye, oh for the heady days of private messages with threats of violence from the 'visionaries'.

Those were the days.

35 minutes ago, royal white said:

That’s one thing I’ve noticed Over the last 6/7 years,  the hatred from the left towards the right is on another level compared to that shown by the right to the left. 

This is surely to do with whoever is in charge at the time

Why were the biggest EDL marches under a Labour government 

Edited by jmjhb

The long and short of it is that for the sake of 'stability' they'd quite happily give the job back to an amoral, lying, lazy cunt of a bloke who was forced out by his own MPs.

There's nowt wrong with being a Tory voter.

However, you back that particular horse and I'll question your judgement all day long.

21 minutes ago, royal white said:

Using Google, go back a few years and look at the demos after Brexit, after Trump got in and after Boris got in, use that as a start. Then come back and I’ll point you to some more. 

Please point at the one where 'lefties' stormed the offices of Govt. En masse . 

You mention when Trump got in, how about when Biden got in ? 

15 minutes ago, royal white said:

Day 1 in power Is this normal? were there similar protests when a Labour leader started his job? 

https://twitter.com/Quicktake/status/1154312264721358848?s=20&t=F7j0dgvfS_eQwZf13NnYlQ

Did we have these kind of protests when Obama got in power 

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/2019/6/5/18653470/trump-uk-protest-london

As for Brexit I’m sure you don’t need a link. 

Listen I don't disagree with some of the tenet of your argument- not these links, I don't think this backs up what you say, but there is a seam of hatred that can rear its head - Swanny makes a good example.of not wanting to mention being a Conservative supporter in a traditionally more Labour profession, same for me and that isn't right, but when the Conservatives seemingly don't support the public sector and the arts you can understand why resentment builds.

5 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Listen I don't disagree with some of the tenet of your argument- not these links, I don't think this backs up what you say, but there is a seam of hatred that can rear its head - Swanny makes a good example.of not wanting to mention being a Conservative supporter in a traditionally more Labour profession, same for me and that isn't right, but when the Conservatives seemingly don't support the public sector and the arts you can understand why resentment builds.

The man was in power for a day and thousands took to the street? After the Brexit vote  thousands took to the street. The same with Trump. All of these were the results of a democratic vote. (Ok BJ getting in was a bit arse about face). Why do the left, way more than the right have to demonstrate when they lose? 

2 minutes ago, royal white said:

The man was in power for a day and thousands took to the street? After the Brexit vote  thousands took to the street. The same with Trump. All of these were the results of a democratic vote. (Ok BJ getting in was a bit arse about face). Why do the left, way more than the right have to demonstrate when they lose? 

People have a democratic right to peacefully protest whatever side they are on and the EU protest wasnt left or right - i knew Tories who went on it, as I say I don't think these are the best examples you can use to demonstrate your point.