Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

32 minutes ago, Offshore said:

It's taken the Tories 12 years to get to this low, low point in their shit show. In 12 years we've had the introduction of food banks into what used to be one of the richest nations in the world. Austerity, Brexit, (with non of it's so called benefits), a divisive 'workers or shirkers' campaign, people thrown out of their homes because they had an extra 'unused' bedroom, the Windrush scandal (still ongoing), a truly xenophobic immigration policy (getting worse), no promised hospitals built, no promised schools built, no promised social housing built, no extra police officers as promised, or doctors, or nurses, or ambulances and paramedic staff. We've endured lies, corruption and utter nepotism. Dying people and their relatives weren't partying during the covid crisis. They have lost billions and billions of our/your money, £72 billion in the last month. Let's not forget a former prime minister with a criminal conviction and an aid who thinks it's ok to declare to a nation that if you need to test your eyesight, get behind the wheel of a car. Now they have the temerity to claim if we give them one more chance they can unite the party and pacify 'the markets'. Nothing about serving the public of the nation. Fuck the proletariat, just keep the money coming in. Twelve long years to get to today. Remember that when you cast your next vote in a general election which should be declared now. 

Load of bollox spouted here. 

34 minutes ago, Offshore said:

It's taken the Tories 12 years to get to this low, low point in their shit show. In 12 years we've had the introduction of food banks into what used to be one of the richest nations in the world. Austerity, Brexit, (with non of it's so called benefits), a divisive 'workers or shirkers' campaign, people thrown out of their homes because they had an extra 'unused' bedroom, the Windrush scandal (still ongoing), a truly xenophobic immigration policy (getting worse), no promised hospitals built, no promised schools built, no promised social housing built, no extra police officers as promised, or doctors, or nurses, or ambulances and paramedic staff. We've endured lies, corruption and utter nepotism. Dying people and their relatives weren't partying during the covid crisis. They have lost billions and billions of our/your money, £72 billion in the last month. Let's not forget a former prime minister with a criminal conviction and an aid who thinks it's ok to declare to a nation that if you need to test your eyesight, get behind the wheel of a car. Now they have the temerity to claim if we give them one more chance they can unite the party and pacify 'the markets'. Nothing about serving the public of the nation. Fuck the proletariat, just keep the money coming in. Twelve long years to get to today. Remember that when you cast your next vote in a general election which should be declared now. 

Nothing to add apart from spot on👍

6 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

People have a democratic right to peacefully protest whatever side they are on and the EU protest wasnt left or right - i knew Tories who went on it, as I say I don't think these are the best examples you can use to demonstrate your point.

Correct, so what part of burning effigies, multiple arrests, assaulting police etc etc is peaceful? 

41 minutes ago, Offshore said:

Looks like one of those Facebook posts. Did you write it yourself or copy and paste? Lots in there true but lots not true.

5 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

This gives an indication of the decimation of the Tories if there was an election today. It’s frightening. Not just for the Tories but for our democratic process. We’d pretty much become a one party state. 

This has to be the lowest point for the Tories. Which is why IMO ditching Boris is important. I think he gives them a short term boost but 2 years of old fashioned Tory budget management will have people back on side. 

14 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

This gives an indication of the decimation of the Tories if there was an election today. It’s frightening. Not just for the Tories but for our democratic process. We’d pretty much become a one party state. 

The model doesn't hold up well in extreme instances such as this. It would still be a big Labour majority but not to this extent

• Site Supporter
35 minutes ago, Ani said:

Ok 

number of people who Swanny says called him a righty = 1

Number of hill billies at the Capitol building > 1 😘😘😂😎

One example, see bile and hatred against Tory members most days..its constant. 

I've never once called someone for voting Labour .. 

Hence why the Conservative types stay quiet, which was the original point. 

4 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

The model doesn't hold up well in extreme instances such as this. It would still be a big Labour majority but not to this extent

Polls reflect the dissatisfaction of the government. Perfectly understandable under the circumstances. Eventually, don’t know when, we’ll see what Labours plans are. Maybe different then.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

No bile or hatred towards "lefty snowflakes" though eh? It's almost as though you're talking about your own subjective experience.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Youve mentioned many times how much you use the NHS

How you can think voting Tory makes sense defies belief

Theyve had 12 years and its far worse than it was

My wifes been in there for the best part of 40 years and its never been worse

No docs, no nurses, no beds,no hospitals

But loads of broken promises which tbh i dont think they ever intended to keep

5 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Your personal experience is wrong and my reply was directly to RW about numbers. 

You say Conservative types stay quiet but that is not consistent with the use of the words 'snowflake' and 'woke' which are usually consistently. Assume you acknowledge that ? 

I have been told on this thread that being a 'leftie' means I supported members of Packistani grooming gangs ! It was one random lunatic. 

35 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Well they need to sort their shit out.

At the last election there were folk on here reveling in the fact that it looked like Labour were gone for a generation.

Labour have sorted their shit out.