Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

20 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Listened to James OBrien this morning and what a shit show, remainers crying and repeating Project fear and us falling of a cliff edge and every ill under the sun, the host and all his callers need certifying. They still think there willl be no deal it is the last bastion of remain camp central. Dreary miserable bastards.... have you phoned him yet ST? :) 

ST is the producer of O’Brien’s show :D

29 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Listened to James OBrien this morning and what a shit show, remainers crying and repeating Project fear and us falling of a cliff edge and every ill under the sun, the host and all his callers need certifying. They still think there willl be no deal it is the last bastion of remain camp central. Dreary miserable bastards.... have you phoned him yet ST? :) 

Cleverer folk than you and I still believe No Deal is a distinct possibility. What happens if the EU dont concede ground on the backstop? 

6 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Cleverer folk than you and I still believe No Deal is a distinct possibility. What happens if the EU dont concede ground on the backstop? 

No deal will not happen unless the Tories get rid of May. She has told cabinet she won’t allow a no deal. It’s all timings now. Unless she negotiates a satisfactory deal quickly then A50 will have to be delayed to allow time to secure a deal. I think privately she will already have sounded the EU out on this.

7 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Re the A50, who thinks it will be delayed or not ?

A straight yes or no will suffice, no need for explanations or negotiations  to Kofi Hanfan5

I’m saying it won’t be delayed.

No

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

You happy with the deal as it stands Mounts?

Would you say it's what you voted for?

39 minutes ago, Spider said:

You happy with the deal as it stands Mounts?

Would you say it's what you voted for?

Im happy as long as we amend the backstop. I’m not a complete hard liner and realise there has to be some compromise but the backstop not being time limited or either party able to unilaterally pull it isn’t acceptable. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 hour ago, Salford Trotter said:

I’m not saying I’m clever, far from it, but I understand that both parties need each other and neither side can contemplate a no deal,  therefore ultimately a deal will be done. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

15 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

What comes after a time limit? And isn’t unilateral exit effectively no backstop at all?

It’s upto both parties to sort. I’m not an expert but I’d be open to a simple agreement to work towards a technological solution and until that Is in place a backstop is kept in place, however it does not need to be in the WA but a separate addendum that outlines both parties understanding and agreement to work towards that end rather than a legally binding agreement, so we can then move on with the agreement that May has already agreed with backstop removed.  

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It’s upto both parties to sort. I’m not an expert but I’d be open to a simple agreement to work towards a technological solution and until that Is in place a backstop is kept in place, however it does not need to be in the WA but a separate addendum that outlines both parties understanding and agreement to work towards that end rather than a legally binding agreement, so we can then move on with the agreement that May has already agreed with backstop removed.  

I'll answer then.

Not what you voted for.

Thanks.

• Site Supporter
35 minutes ago, Spider said:

Amend it to what?

Is it what you voted for?

A daft question for me.

Almost 600 pages, I'd wager there isn't a person alive who could say it's what they voted for in its entirety.

All us that voted remain, did so because on balance we felt it would be better. The actual nitty gritty would have to be done by government/parliament as that is their job.

Once a deal is agreed and enacted then an inadequate answer to an inadequate question would have to be yes.

35 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Sorry but that’s just words. It’s a legally binding agreement because it needs to be. What alternative to the current backstop are you suggesting? The plan is to renegotiate the backstop. Both sides agree a backstop is necessary. May has said so repeatedly. And therefore how do you want it changed so that it still satisfies the legal requirements of both parties and is acceptable to you?

41 minutes ago, darwen_white said:

That amendment isn't legally binding so means diddly squat.

But if May doesn’t come back with a plan in two weeks then she has promised an amendable motion. Coopers amendment will be relodged and at that point it almost certainly will pass and that is legally binding. Remember a large group of Tories were promised the chance by May to vote again in two weeks if there isn’t an acceptable deal on the table.

10 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

But if May doesn’t come back with a plan in two weeks then she has promised an amendable motion. Coopers amendment will be relodged and at that point it almost certainly will pass and that is legally binding. Remember a large group of Tories were promised the chance by May to vote again in two weeks if there isn’t an acceptable deal on the table.

Your views and predictions are totally shit and worthless.

Just shut the fuck up :D