Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

Well I do, because you're basically asking me to comment on a headline without telling me what the article says. What if the article contains some information I'm unaware of? 

Haha forget the headlines, for months you have said there’s going to be a no deal. After what’s gone on tonight do you still stand by your words. 

Or for months was you scaremongering or just didn’t have a clue? 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, royal white said:

Haha forget the headlines, for months you have said there’s going to be a no deal. After what’s gone on tonight do you still stand by your words. 

Or for months was you scaremongering or just didn’t have a clue? 

I still stand by it, as literally nothing has changed. Can you post this thing you read that says No Deal is "highly unlikely"?

Why the fuck would I be "scare-mongering" on a football forum about something none of us can influence?

Edited by Cheese

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

I still stand by it, as literally nothing has changed. Can you post this thing you read that says No Deal is "highly unlikely"?

Why the fuck would I be "scare-mongering" on a football forum about something none of us can influence?

Only you can answer that question.

Did you not post that the military was having all leave cancelled from April? There’s nothing anywhere to back that up, just what you said. I think that could be classed as scarmongering. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, royal white said:

Only you can answer that question.

Did you not post that the military was having all leave cancelled from April? There’s nothing anywhere to back that up, just what you said. I think that could be classed as scarmongering. 

Ok. Never mind. I'll get back to you when you post the piece that details why No Deal is "highly unlikely". In the meantime, enjoy the imaginary "hissy fits" I'm having in your head. 

4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Ok. Never mind. I'll get back to you when you post the piece that details why No Deal is "highly unlikely". In the meantime, enjoy the imaginary "hissy fits" I'm having in your head. 

The piece (which was just another poster on another forum) was from a lady saying now that labour have agreed to talk with TM it looks like a no deal is off the cards. Take from that what you like 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, royal white said:

The piece (which was just another poster on another forum) was from a lady saying now that labour have agreed to talk with TM it looks like a no deal is off the cards. Take from that what you like 

Oh dear. What forum? 

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, royal white said:

one of the ex mil ones I go on

not that it matters. 

So you’re still saying no deal are you? 

In the grand scheme of things, no it doesn't matter, but you're getting your information from random women on ex-military forums and asking me to argue against her without telling me what she actually said. Never mind. 

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, Cheese said:

The government has no majority on anything. It is literally a minority government. The only majority established today was a very small parliamentary majority against "No Deal", - which is not legally binding and can be completely ignored. Nothing has changed.

You're obviously just regurgitating the false "it's all the EU's fault" line you've been fed for the last 12 months. 

You obviously haven't been listening or watching news items.

Amendment n was passed, ie a majority, which paves the way for a deal which will get through parliament. The EU can choose to agree to it (or similar) or not. That's up to them.

Yet more criticism from you, despite clear evidence from parliament yesterday evening.

Over to the EU.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Amendment n was passed, ie a majority, which paves the way for a deal which will get through parliament. The EU can choose to agree to it (or similar) or not. That's up to them.

Yet more criticism from you, despite clear evidence from parliament yesterday evening.

Over to the EU.

Hahahaha :D OK mate. Keep swallowing. 

8 hours ago, Cheese said:

In the grand scheme of things, no it doesn't matter, but you're getting your information from random women on ex-military forums and asking me to argue against her without telling me what she actually said. Never mind. 

I’m not asking you to argue with anyone. I’m asking you is there going to be a no deal (as you have said there will be for months) yes or no? 

• Site Supporter
56 minutes ago, royal white said:

I’m not asking you to argue with anyone. I’m asking you is there going to be a no deal (as you have said there will be for months) yes or no? 

Jesus Christ. I don't know why I bother replying to you because you obviously don't read my posts. I'll say it once more and hopefully it'll sink in this time:

Yes, we are leaving with No Deal as that's the default position, and nothing is going to happen to change that. As I have also been saying for over a year, the blame is being shifted onto the EU, and thick fuckers all over the country will simply repeat that line - as they are already doing.

• Site Supporter

This now boils down to who's got the bigger bollocks.

The EU have stated categorically that will will accept no other deal than the one previously agreed.

May has to go back and tell them the deal has changed and that they should take the revised version.

If the EU stick to the stubborn attitude they've displayed all along (which makes them cunts, frankly), then she returns with No Deal and that is not good at all.

If the EU back down, then May returns and tells the wold that she tickled their bellies and got them to do as we asked. We then leave with a shit deal that absolutely no-one had any idea they were voting for in 2016.

But at least it'll all soon be over. <cough>

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Spider said:

May has to go back and tell them the deal has changed and that they should take the revised version.

Go on then, how has "the deal" changed? What is the new proposal?

And as for the EU being "stubborn" - what nonsense. WE chose to leave, WE chose to start the 2 year countdown without any plan, WE set the "red lines" in negotiations, and WE invented the backstop. We've been fucked over big time by a government whose sole interest is to retain power at any cost.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Go on then, how has "the deal" changed? What is the new proposal?

And as for the EU being "stubborn" - what nonsense. WE chose to leave, WE chose to start the 2 year countdown without any plan, WE set the "red lines" in negotiations, and WE invented the backstop. We've been fucked over big time by a government whose sole interest is to retain power at any cost.

They;ve been stubborn all along.

Occasionally, I have to lose one of my happy bunch of customers because the partnership we have no longer suits them.

At that point I can choose to either wish them well or to fuck off and never call me back.

I always elect to wish them well and burn no bridges. You never know what the future holds, so better to maintain a friendly, open approach as it's really good for business.

Telling someone to fuck off rarely ends well.

The EU don't have to like that we're going, but equally, if they were vaguely magnanimous about it at least we could work together and maybe in the future, if the EU changes it could be that we join an improved or less bereaucratic set up.

Instead, they've acted like Trump. Folded their arms and took their ball home. Fine, they are free to do so.

The "Deal" has changed since last time she went. That bit is all over the news today if you have a look luv.

Edited by Spider

4 minutes ago, Spider said:

Occasionally, I have to lose one of my happy bunch of customers because the partnership we have no longer suits them.

At that point I can choose to either wish them well or to fuck off and never call me back.

I always elect to wish them well and burn no bridges. You never know what the future holds, so better to maintain a friendly, open approach as it's really good for business.

The EU don't have to like that we're going, but equally, if they were vaguely magnanimous about it at least we could work together and maybe in the future, if the EU changes it could be that we join an improved or more less bereaucratic set up.

Instead, they've acted like Trump. Folded their arms and took their ball home. Fine, they are free to do so.

The "Deal" has changed since last time she went. That bit is all over the news today if you have a look luv.

It was our decision to leave. 

The EU have been very clear from the outset what their rules are regarding FoM, CU, borders, etc.

We triggered A50 with no plan and lead by a party more interested in their own internal problems.

Look no further than the Tory party for what has happened.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Spider said:

The EU don't have to like that we're going, but equally, if they were vaguely magnanimous about it at least we could work together and maybe in the future, if the EU changes it could be that we join an improved or less bereaucratic set up.

Can you give an example of when the EU has effectively told us to fuck off?

And can you be a bit more specific on how the deal has "changed since last time she went"?

24 minutes ago, Spider said:

I disagree mate

I told Cheese to fuck off and blocked him a while ago.

Its ended very well for me :D

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Over to the EU.

That isn’t true. An amendment was passed saying that the deal should include ‘alternative arrangements to the backstop’. But it hasn’t said what those arrangements are. Nor have the government.

Another amendment passed saying we will not allow no deal.

The ball is in our court to offer a solution to the EU that complies with international law, trading rules and the good Friday agreement. The EU have a solution. The backstop. We don’t like it but haven’t suggested an alternative. Remember we signed the deal as is. 

1 hour ago, Spider said:

This now boils down to who's got the bigger bollocks.

The EU have stated categorically that will will accept no other deal than the one previously agreed.

If the EU stick to the stubborn attitude they've displayed all along (which makes them cunts, frankly), then she returns with No Deal and that is not good at all.

If the EU back down, then May returns and tells the wold that she tickled their bellies and got them to do as we asked. We then leave with a shit deal that absolutely no-one had any idea they were voting for in 2016.

But at least it'll all soon be over. <cough>

The EU have said they are open to another deal. It’s amazing how this is widely misreported. If we aren’t to remain in a CU then there has to be an arrangement for the NI border in the event that a FTA isn’t agreed. That is just a fact. We agreed a solution to that. Parliament doesn’t like that solution. So it has to find a different one. In 2 and a half years nobody has come up with anything actually viable and satisfactory. It’s amazing how people don’t understand that the issue is of our own making. We want to honour the GFA but don’t want to be in a CU. That is incompatible unless a specific arrangement is agreed. 

21 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

A bit of common sense applied, and the actual agreements specified in the deal haven't changed.

The backstop has been a major stumbling block; a different means of insurance policy, if they must have one, is all that's required. Everyone can then move on.

Easier said than done judging by the reaction from across the EU this morning. To Spider's point this deal is not what Brexiteers wanted such as the non-regression clauses on social, environment and labour policies. The reciprocal arrangements on fishing quotas and basic level access into EU financial markets is going limit how these industries can flourish post Brexit. No wonder companies are queuing up to leave but I suppose we have no choice but to try and get these 'alternative arrangements', whatever that means, through the EU   

Edited by Salford Trotter

Listened to James OBrien this morning and what a shit show, remainers crying and repeating Project fear and us falling of a cliff edge and every ill under the sun, the host and all his callers need certifying. They still think there willl be no deal it is the last bastion of remain camp central. Dreary miserable bastards.... have you phoned him yet ST? :) 

Edited by Mounts Kipper