Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

5 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Was it Fraud or negligence? She 'gave' Tapie 400m? where does it say that?

Negligence....400 million awarded and she claims she didn’t read all the documents suggesting the payment shouldn’t be made.

Seems very thorough in her job :D

Made for the EU.

9 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Guilty was the verdict, 400 million she gave Tapie, puts Boris water cannon fiasco into context. Calls her judgement into question and she’s going to be the boss of the ECB. 

Fraud or negligence? When did she give Tapie 400m? You really couldn't make this up, oh wait Mounts can😂😂 

2 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Fraud or negligence? When did she give Tapie 400m? You really couldn't make this up, oh wait Mounts can😂😂 

They called it negligence I’m more suspicious I’ll call it fraud. 

Lagarde was the finance minister under Nicolas Sarkozy between 2007 and 2011, when she became head of the IMF – replacing her disgraced compatriot Dominique Strauss-Kahn, who had been put on trial for attacking a New York hotel maid. She referred the case to a private arbitration panel, which awarded Tapie more than €400m. She was accused of “negligence with public money” for having paid up and not contested the award, which experts had advised against.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

They called it negligence I’m more suspicious I’ll call it more fraud. 

Lagarde was the finance minister under Nicolas Sarkozy between 2007 and 2011, when she became head of the IMF – replacing her disgraced compatriot Dominique Strauss-Kahn, who had been put on trial for attacking a New York hotel maid. She referred the case to a private arbitration panel, which awarded Tapie more than €400m. She was accused of “negligence with public money” for having paid up and not contested the award, which experts had advised against.

so you were wrong on both counts (and not for the first time either) ...glad we have clarified that

Edited by Salford Trotter

5 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

so you were wrong on both counts (and not for the first time either) ...glad we have clarified that

I don’t think so. She allowed the payment of 400 million out of public purse without challenging it, wonder why?

Investigating judges say Lagarde committed a series of serious errors when she made the arbitration choice and when she refused to challenge the deal, suggesting she may have been influenced by the political connections between Tapie and Sarkozy, according to court documents.

In normal circumstances that’s called fraud, it’s ok though she’ll be fine in the fraud capital of Europe in Brussels and working as head of the ECB.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I don’t think so. She allowed the payment of 400 million out of public purse without challenging it, wonder why?

Investigating judges say Lagarde committed a series of serious errors when she made the arbitration choice and when she refused to challenge the deal, suggesting she may have been influenced by the political connections between Tapie and Sarkozy, according to court documents.

Your vitriol towards the EU clouds everything you say and this is just a typical example of such. For 'negligence' you see 'fraud' and where it was an arbitration panel that awarded the money you twist it to say it was Largarde. You just make stuff up all the time to suit your narrative so remind me where I have put my country down? Or is that another twisting of the truth?

14 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Your vitriol towards the EU clouds everything you say and this is just a typical example of such. For 'negligence' you see 'fraud' and where it was an arbitration panel that awarded the money you twist it to say it was Largarde. You just make stuff up all the time to suit your narrative so remind me where I have put my country down? Or is that another twisting of the truth?

The panel came up at that figure Lagarde allowed it to be paid, without a challenge and the judges not me said they suspect that the Tapie, Sarkozy connection was the reason it wasn’t challenged (that is judges suggesting fraud) , it fucking stinks yet you choose to defend it, because she’s your precious ECB leader. The place stinks of fraud,  financial waste and is a gravy train for the political elite of Europe, of which Lagarde is one of the flag bearers.

I think it’s save to say the Brexit party will be all over this decision and rightly so. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The panel came up at that figure Lagarde allowed it to be paid, without a challenge and the judges not me said they suspect that the Tapie, Sarkozy connection was the reason it wasn’t challenged (that is judges suggesting fraud) , it fucking stinks yet you choose to defend it, because she’s your precious ECB leader. The place stinks of fraud,  financial waste and is a gravy train for the political elite of Europe, of which Lagarde is one of the flag bearers. I think it’s save to say the Brexit party will be all over this decision. 

You said she was guilty of fraud, she wasn't. You said she paid Tapie 400m, she didn't and the chief prosecutor admitted it was weak case. Don't you see how you can't see the bigger picture because you just loath the EU and then when you get found out you still can't admit you are wrong though you go back and add the words 'rather negligence'  to your post, you really couldn't make it up🤣🤣

13 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

You said she was guilty of fraud, she wasn't. You said she paid Tapie 400m, she didn't and the chief prosecutor admitted it was weak case. Don't you see how you can't see the bigger picture because you just loath the EU and then when you get found out you still can't admit you are wrong though you go back and add the words 'rather negligence'  to your post, you really couldn't make it up🤣🤣

Did she or did she not sanction the payment of 400 million to Tapie? 

Did the experts advise her to challenge it? 

She didn’t, why didn’t she?

It was suggested by the judges that it was because of the political connection between Tapie and Sarkozy, it’s quite clear she was guilty but because it involved Sarkozy the French president the lesser charge of negligence was applied, in reality it’s clear to anyone with half a brain that a fraud charge should have been brought and the judges intimated that, however they would also have involved Sarkozy, in essence she took one for him and she basically got off with it. And now she’s fit to run the ECB. 

I will add this is why millions voted to leave, they are not stupid and won’t change their minds, the EU just can’t help themselves and never learn the lesson.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

Did she or did she not sanction the payment of 400 million to Tapie? 

Did the experts advise her to challenge it? 

She didn’t, why didn’t she?

It was suggested by the judges that it was because of the political connection between Tapie and Sarkozy, it’s quite clear she was guilty but because it involved Sarkozy the French president the lesser charge of negligence was applied, in reality it’s clear to anyone with half a brain that a fraud charge should have been brought and the judges intimated that, however they would also have involved Sarkozy, in essence she took one for him and she basically got off with it. 

Haha you really are all consumed with hatred. The more you say things doesn't make it more plausible. Largarde was guilty of negligence and the courts chose not to impose a sentence because I assume the case was so weak. I hope this makes you read your sources of reference a little closer next time before you jump to the wrong conclusions and accuse people of crimes they haven't committed. This takes me back to when you admitted you hadn't read the WA agreement yet seemed to know what was in it, you really are a prize plum mate! 

4 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Haha you really are all consumed with hatred. The more you say things doesn't make it more plausible. Largarde was guilty of negligence and the courts chose not to impose a sentence because I assume the case was so weak. I hope this makes you read your sources of reference a little closer next time before you jump to the wrong conclusions and accuse people of crimes they haven't committed. This takes me back to when you admitted you hadn't read the WA agreement yet seemed to know what was in it, you really are a prize plum mate! 

The only plum is you fella, you’ll get one right one day, maybe you’ll one day admit when you are wrong, that’s a strength not a weakness. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Members
4 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Both of course.🙄

Oh and she was found guilty of fraud, or rather negligence😂.Nothing else. 

Look pal - it's negligence and sciatica which afflict those lovely people leading the EU. Nothing else. Why anyone would even think they are bent as nine bob notes is beyond me.....................:roll:

• Members

Now then, this turning the backs by the Brexit Party. Not in favour of such displays of lack of respect. I believe that the UK will always hold the moral high ground over continental Europe and that this was unnecessary. Give them hell during the daily workings of the evil empire by all means but didn't rate this stunt.

This tactical error (IMO) however pales into insignificance when compared to the activities of the Illiberal Undemocrats with their "Bollocks To Brexit" yellow tee shirts. This actually says "Bollocks to the majority of the UK electorate" and is treason, pure and simple.

If I still lived in the UK and one of these lowlifes came to my front door during a campaign, there would be a minimum of a barrage of expletives aimed at them and it would take all of my self control to resist resorting to violence.

They are the absolute antithesis of democracy and should be treated as such.

5 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Now then, this turning the backs by the Brexit Party. Not in favour of such displays of lack of respect. I believe that the UK will always hold the moral high ground over continental Europe and that this was unnecessary. Give them hell during the daily workings of the evil empire by all means but didn't rate this stunt.

This tactical error (IMO) however pales into insignificance when compared to the activities of the Illiberal Undemocrats with their "Bollocks To Brexit" yellow tee shirts. This actually says "Bollocks to the majority of the UK electorate" and is treason, pure and simple.

If I still lived in the UK and one of these lowlifes came to my front door during a campaign, there would be a minimum of a barrage of expletives aimed at them and it would take all of my self control to resist resorting to violence.

They are the absolute antithesis of democracy and should be treated as such.

Accusations of treason, references to empires, verbally abusing others and an instinct to resort to violence. Sums you up really. Pathetic and embarrassing.

10 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Looks like dodgy dealings and incompetence are the requirements on your CV for a top job in the EU these days, just underlines how corrupt it is. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Members
35 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Fucking hell Bolty, disagreeing with Brexit is hardly treason. Get a grip man.

I will get a grip of his fucking throat if he knocks on my door wearing his yellow fucking tee shirt ;)

I have no problem with folk disagreeing with Brexit. That is their democratic right. I have a problem with so called Democrats rejecting and actively working against a democratic decision. Treachery.

Hope that's cleared it up for you.