Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby 3-0 Wanderers

famouswanderer

icket information for Wanderers' Sky Bet Championship trip to Derby County on Saturday 7 April has now been confirmed.

The club have received an initial allocation of 1,622 tickets for our clash at Pride Park next month.

Tickets will be available for season ticket holders to purchase from 9am on Monday 19 March.

They will be available online to Bolton Wanderers supporters until 4pm on Wednesday 4 April, and in person at Bolton Central or via the phone lines until 2pm on Friday 6 April, subject to availability.

On Sale Dates

Away Season Ticket Holders – Sunday 18 March
Season Ticket Holders – Monday 19 March, 9am (One per season ticket holder)
Members – Monday 26 March, 9am (One per membership)
Open Sale – Wednesday 28 March, 9am

Prices

Adults - £24
Over-65s - £17
Under-18s - £13.50
*Under-13s - £7.50

Unbelievably I went after the game never to be spoken of for our relegation spanking. I’m tempted to go to see the dickhead who kept shouting enjoy your last big day out but cried to the stewards when people kept singing right said Fred songs at him because the bald/earring look has made a return in derby ????

Unbelievably I went after the game never to be spoken of for our relegation spanking. I’m tempted to go to see the dickhead who kept shouting enjoy your last big day out but cried to the stewards when people kept singing right said Fred songs at him because the bald/earring look has made a return in derby ????[/quote

I remember that tosser, me and the missus were walking back to our car and that knob was with a couple of blokes hiding under a hoodie which he took off 20 feet from their car. I got an elbow in the ribs off the missus for saying loudly " look at that spineless wanker hiding under his hood".

Unbelievably I went after the game never to be spoken of for our relegation spanking. I’m tempted to go to see the dickhead who kept shouting enjoy your last big day out but cried to the stewards when people kept singing right said Fred songs at him because the bald/earring look has made a return in derby ????[/quote

I remember that tosser, me and the missus were walking back to our car and that knob was with a couple of blokes hiding under a hoodie which he took off 20 feet from their car. I got an elbow in the ribs off the missus for saying loudly " look at that spineless wanker hiding under his hood".

Well played

There was a league win here in the early 80s that was a bolt out of the blue in an otherwise dismal start to the season. Having just looked it up it was George Mulhall's season and Chris Thompson and Gerry McElhinney got our goals. We did the double over Derby that year because we dramatically beat them 3-2 at home in a Tuesday night match on the second last day of the season. The last match being another famous game for those with long memories, a 3-1 home win over Sheff Weds.

Other than that season our record v Derby is poor - particularly so away. I certainly don't recall an away league win there since. 

There's been a few League Cup wins - the most famous of which was definitely the Quarter Final in 76.

• Site Supporter

Any points at all from this and I will be well chuffed.

That '76 League Cup quarter final win is right up there with the best away days.

Remember that corrugated iron maze they sent us down to get back to coaches? Every Derby fan must have been the other side of the sheeting, banging on the sides and shouting warnings that we'd be dead when we got to the other end. I was 14 and don't mind saying I was slightly worried. As it happened, I saw no dramas.