Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bay Window/Flat Roof Question

MancWanderer

Spoke to my mum tonight. She's got a leaking bedroom window

House is a classic semi with bay windows and it appears that her bedroom bay window has a flat "roof" on it covered in lead - despite her living there for the last 32 years I can't say that I've ever taken a good look other than all the bays appear to be flat on top

Nephew's mate has been round and temporarily sealed it but said that it needs the lead replacing as it's cracked

She's panicking thinking about the cost. I've no clue at all. Any experts on here know what I'm talking about and have advice?

• Site Supporter

Hmmm, sounds like a general wear and tear deterioration so home insurance won’t cover it. I suggest you ask around for a reputable roofer who will give you a guarantee - if they don’t give a guarantee then he’s not reputable. 

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

House is a classic semi with bay windows and it appears that her bedroom bay window has a flat "roof" on it covered in lead - despite her living there for the last 32 years I can't say that I've ever taken a good look other than all the bays appear to be flat on top

Nephew's mate has been round and temporarily sealed it but said that it needs the lead replacing as it's cracked

She's panicking thinking about the cost. I've no clue at all. Any experts on here know what I'm talking about and have advice?

Tried to message you but you can’t accept messages???

16 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Give us a bell pal....there’s other alternatives to costly leadwork.

Happy to help anyone on here leaning to the right....the left can piss off and flood :D

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Happy to help anyone on here leaning to the right....the left can piss off and flood :D

I actually laughed at that.

On 14/12/2018 at 15:44, miamiwhite said:

You still using that magic paint that you lifted from JN’s job? Haha