Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Annual weightloss/get fit thread

gonzo

2 hours ago, Smiley said:

Still got 7 mince pies* in the cupboard, 1/3 of Panettone and a shed load of chocolate (admittedly the latter isn't mine - but I swear I can hear it whispering to me).

*So, my original plan of not eating mince pies until the 20th December to prevent me from putting on excess weight has backfired - I'll now be eating them until mid-January instead! Managed to cut out the brandy cream though.

With regards to exercise - managed 4 walks in the Peak District (7-8 miles with hill climbs) and the Ingleton Falls walk in Yorkshire. Plus 75 mins of 11-a-side and then another 60 mins of 11-a-side last night. First football I've played in 18 months. Not quite ready for a run or weights yet.

Walking is the future though. Each time, was burning around 1500+ calories. Felt like enjoyment rather than a necessity that the gym seems to be.

First salad in 3 weeks this lunch time and back on the Hello Fresh malarkey for evening meals this week.

Walking? 

Are you 70 years old? Get the boots back on 

• Members
33 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Walking is the future. Everyone should try it!

One of my favourite things to do.

22 minutes ago, royal white said:

Are There any fitness fanatics on here that work nights? and if so when do they find the best time to train and go about their daily meals? 

What’s your working pattern, could try and work it out 

16 minutes ago, gonzo said:

6k tonight. 5k yesterday plus a push session in gym later. 6k run ok Friday. 

Let’s fuckin ave it. 

Any marathons planned mate?

13 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

One of my favourite things to do.

What’s your working pattern, could try and work it out 

Any marathons planned mate?

7pm - 7am

I’m usually awake for about 1pm, coffee and a bowl of cereal before going to the gym or a run for 3. Protein shake about 5ish then my main meal about midnight. Numerous fruit and chocolate (🤦‍♂️) snacks  either side of the main meal.

And repeat

Edited by royal white

12 minutes ago, royal white said:

7pm - 7am

I’m usually awake for about 1pm, coffee and a bowl of cereal before going to the gym or a run for 3. Protein shake about 5ish then my main meal about midnight. Numerous fruit and chocolate (🤦‍♂️) snacks  either side of the main meal.

And repeat

6 hours sleep????? 9 hrs minimum for me to function and if I don’t get it I always make sure I get it at weekend or another night to make it up 

• Members
6 minutes ago, royal white said:

7pm - 7am

And repeat

You night workers are a different breed that bends my head. You’re up a long time before you’re in work.

ok so I’d suggest this if it was me Because this is mine but normal hours 😁

Up for 4. Breakfast, water. Run 4K.

Work at 7pm

Banana or  toast at 10pm

Dinner 1am chicken/fish/pasta

4am Orange juice/nuts/apple

8am run(if I haven’t done one in the morning)

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

6 hours sleep????? 9 hrs minimum for me to function and if I don’t get it I always make sure I get it at weekend or another night to make it up 

As much as I try 6 is probably the max I get. When I’m Off work and at home I can get 7-8 but when working away it’s 6

4 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

You night workers are a different breed that bends my head. You’re up a long time before you’re in work.

ok so I’d suggest this if it was me Because this is mine but normal hours 😁

Up for 4. Breakfast, water. Run 4K.

Work at 7pm

Banana or  toast at 10pm

Dinner 1am chicken/fish/pasta

4am Orange juice/nuts/apple

8am run(if I haven’t done one in the morning)

Cheers mate. The up for 4 isn’t (unfortunately) happening 😂 but the meals and times can all fit in. 

• Members
Just now, royal white said:

Cheers mate. The up for 4 isn’t (unfortunately) happening 😂 but the meals and times can all fit in. 

I have weird sleeping patterns especially when I’m travelling but need to get my sleep in. Forgot to mention as well, after you exercise you should be eating, even if it’s toast or fruit. 

3 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

I have weird sleeping patterns especially when I’m travelling but need to get my sleep in. Forgot to mention as well, after you exercise you should be eating, even if it’s toast or fruit. 

Instead of a protein shake? Or as well as. 

Full on now

Ill over Xmas but just done my 12th consecutive day with home made soup for lunch. Roasted red pepper/butternut squash, asparagus/pea and roasted sweet potato/butternut squash. Massive pans of it with a freezer full to defrost each day. Fucked the sandwiches right off 

All white rice and pasta has been binned and replaced with brown apart from the risotto rice which I still can’t find in brown

Mrs Manc has us on a vegan day twice a week. Mushroom risotto using almond milk tonight. Fucking delicious

Upped the swimming to 1Km 3 times per week in the morning - pain in the arse though. Pool is rammed with the New Year resolution lot. Hopefully they’ll quickly disappear

Still got a problem with the arthritis in the toe but latest injection has helped. Once the weather has cleared a bit my aim is walking 12 Wainwright’s this year with 30 mile Fylde Coast blasts on the bike in between

Current weight is 199.6lbs. Target is 178lbs

• Members
8 hours ago, Traf said:

Surely all normal people do?

Only deviants/paedos talk about their weight in kilos.

Exactly. Majority of people I work with aren’t from these shores so their weight is always lbs, the bloody English though stones and ounces every time. Which I suppose is correct but when the majority use lbs it’s a pain in the arse.

13 hours ago, L/H White said:

Walking? 

Are you 70 years old? Get the boots back on 

Averaged just under 18,000 steps per day for the last week. Burned nearly 3,300 calories per day. Climbed over 600 floors. And active nearly 800 minutes. All without running or stepping foot inside a gym. Happy with that.

• Members

It might be boring but if you haven’t exercised for a while walking is the best form of exercise, it stretches the muscles, it looses you up, it gets the blood slowly pumping and it’s more enjoyable than running for 10 minutes and breathing. 
The first time back exercising its more beneficial to walk than jog or run.