Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Annual weightloss/get fit thread

gonzo

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

😂😂😂 is this a try to shoehorn Turkish delight into as many posts as possible competition??

i know exactly what I will be spending it on if I win. Certainly has motivated me. I’ve just had a low calorie lasagne from tesco which is possibly one of the most bland things I’ve ever eaten.  I suspect the packaging was more favour some.

No pain no gain 💪🏽

I went and replenished my stocks of types of paprika earlier.

A Spanish type meal, but using British sausages. Browned in a little olive oil.

Onions, garlic, hot paprika, smoked paprika, chilli flakes, two tins of tomatoes and a good glug of puree, and a can of chick peas.

Sausages back in, and fresh basil in at the end. 

Could use veggie sausages I suppose.

Fookin delicious; love that sort of food, warming, spicy, wholesome, healthy, and helpful towards giving this east Manchester lurgi the boot.

Spot on.

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Onions, garlic, hot paprika, smoked paprika, chilli flakes, two tins of tomatoes and a good glug of puree, and a can of chick peas.

Fookin delicious; love that sort of food, warming, spicy, wholesome, healthy, and helpful towards giving this east Manchester lurgi the boot.

Spot on.

Not a fan of sausage casserole type dishes but that sounds like summat I might like and shall give that a try 

• Site Supporter
35 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Just entered a biggest loser (Weight) comp at work. Tenner in weigh in this Friday 8 weeks then weigh out.  Biggest loser of weight wins the pot.

37 signed up already today so well worth winning. Extra motivation for me that. Reckon there will be 50 plus in by Friday nice wee earner that 

if I’m toiling it’s 3 weeks on the whizz for me for the home stretch should see me down to skeleton nicely. 

Cheat by trying inserting a sash weight up your arse prior to weigh in. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Not a fan of sausage casserole type dishes but that sounds like summat I might like and shall give that a try 

Very much inspired by Rick Stein and his tours. Obviously they use chorizo, but I prefer our stuff. I like the flavours of it all (sausages cut into slices once cooked before going back in).

Didn't have any, but would readily chuck in some handfuls of spinach and maybe top off with a few crispy pieces of fried potatoes to bulk out.

• Members

Colleague just been signed off from work for 8 weeks after doing some damage to himself whilst doing fell running 

Right there is exercise and then there’s fell running. You need you’re bastard head testing if you’re into that.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Colleague just been signed off from work for 8 weeks after doing some damage to himself whilst doing fell running 

Right there is exercise and then there’s fell running. You need you’re bastard head testing if you’re into that.

Lad I used to knock about with around Harwood and went to school with at Turton was a pretty hopeless at all things to do with exercise and PE lessons. At about 30 years old he took up fell running and now, aged 57 goes all over the world competing. He reckons half of fell running isn't so much how fast you can go up hill but how fast you dare go down.

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Spot on.

Almost identical to what I had last week. Bought some pork and black pud sausages from Bury Market. I used butter beans rather than chick peas and found that potatoes weren’t necessary. Filled me up heartily!!

11 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

As the others have said, but I put a teaspoon of two of sugar on it.

Yes I know, but it's only like having a brew, and if I replace my breakfast brew with some water, nothing lost.

You've just had official east Manchester lurgi, and are still recovering presumably. Perhaps not worrying too much about a few extra carbs might be in order; reckon you need them when fighting infection.

Lapsed tonight with being away in Brum

Bottle of Malbec, Railway Mutton Curry, rice and a keema naan. Feel tremendous but a tad guilty

1km swim at 7.30 in the morning to burn it off before the meeting at 9am

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Lapsed tonight with being away in Brum

Bottle of Malbec, Railway Mutton Curry, rice and a keema naan. Feel tremendous but a tad guilty

1km swim at 7.30 in the morning to burn it off before the meeting at 9am

Enlighten me

13 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Spot on.

Similar recipe but use cooked green lentils instead of the chickpeas. I use the sweet chilli sausages from Aldi and other half used veggie sausages.

14 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Spot on.

Sounds belting that! I got bollocked the other year off the Mrs as I was putting paprika into just about every meal!! Love it. I've got chick peas in my salad today, mixed with red onion, beetroot and a splash of lemon juice.

Back to the porridge - probably said it before - overnight oats are a cracking breakfast - mix up the oats with some Greek yoghurt and almond milk and sprinkle some blueberries on top. A splash of honey or a sprinkle of cinnamon powder. Bung it in the fridge and leave overnight. With or without the fruit it works well.

Managed a 4.75km run last night. Plus a mix of weights, bike and boxing in my cellar yesterday.

Currently working at home but got my kettlebells by my desk. Just did a quick 5 mins of carting them up and down stairs 12 times. Made a point that every time I need to nip downstairs for a drink, forage in the cupboards/fridge, I'll cart them down and up with me.

Its the little things!!

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Almost identical to what I had last week. Bought some pork and black pud sausages from Bury Market. I used butter beans rather than chick peas and found that potatoes weren’t necessary. Filled me up heartily!!

W&M meats?

The place in the middle that does loads of different types?

Where I got mine from. They often cook some up and wander round so people can sample it.

• Members
34 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Do quite a bit of mutton curry. Long and slow.

Anyway, any chance Sharon could get some Spanish grub into kiosks. Sounds like it would go down a treat- everyone seems to like it.

“I’ll try a bit of the paella”

”K?”