Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

3 hours ago, ProfessorWoland said:

I really dislike the sneering contempt that some seem to have for the ST. Criticism is fine, of actions or decisions at least, anyone that steps up has to understand that it comes with the territory, but if you have anything about you then you should at least balance that criticism with some respect for the efforts that they're putting in. 

Bob on.

I've no idea who the trust are but even if they are just well meaning numpties don't they just want the same as all of us?

If folk off here or elsewhere would make better accountants, chairmen etc then throw your hat in the ring.  It's got more chance of being any use in the long term than calling folk cunts!

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Bob on.

I've no idea who the trust are but even if they are just well meaning numpties don't they just want the same as all of us?

If folk off here or elsewhere would make better accountants, chairmen etc then throw your hat in the ring.  It's got more chance of being any use in the long term than calling folk cunts!

bollocks

11 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Bob on.

I don’t profess to know how to run a multi million pound business. Neither should they. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

On a more serious note with regards to new owners, if any, admin, ST etc....

We are probably just going to get through the last 4 games of the season, I as a fan am pretty pissed about it all, like all of us are, I don't know of any fan who wants liquidation, why would any one want that?

I may fuck about and go off thread but at the moment there is no news or no positive news and that includes the ST who don't seem to be in a position to do anything, it's all just speculation, and speculation is shite!

Ken has gone quiet and that to me is not a good sign (yes I'm speculating), hence sometimes some of us make A little light of the situation, so if it's down to a bit of June Acklund, slag wellies and tank tops to keep us going, that's how I'm going to approach it, so stop being mardy fuckers and get a little sense of humour back, could be worse, we could be ????? (FUCK it, feel free to fill in the blank)

Agree Mr Grey. However bad things are or have been there's always someone on here that will bring a smile to my face and long may it continue. That's the reason I started posting in the first place.

20 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Not a single person at the training ground today. Wonder if it's everyone's day off

Players in Bahrain meeting new owners. Chris Eagles unable to travel because of the ‘rumours’. 

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Colin Todd (£15 million) Megson (£40 million) and Coyle (£20 million) spent roughly £75 million between them.Burnley have had a quality manager do the spending whereas we allowed three managers who nobody  would consider  Premier league quality do it.

Todd ran away with the league to get us promoted so earned his shot at it.... & didn't a certain Mr O Coyle get Burnley to the Prem as well? Weren't the likes of Liverpool & Arsenal linked with him before it all went tits up? 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but you can't even make a salient point when you have been blessed with it ffs! Best stick to your thinly veiled Man U wankathons in future. 

5 hours ago, birch-chorley said:

Isn’t that the same £5m he borrowed off ED to pump into the club? 

You can put that down to Ken if you like mate but it’s not how I see it. Not that I believe he has a responsibility to put his own money in, far from it. However knowing full well he isn’t going to put his own cash in he should have been looking to balance the books. Not sign players that  we can’t afford 

Would you have preferred him to borrow it off the bank? Would it be his money then?

8 minutes ago, Boothy said:

Would you have preferred him to borrow it off the bank? Would it be his money then?

Unless I have it wrong, it’s Ken’s limited company (ICL?)  that borrowed the money from Moonshift so it in fact has fuck all to do with Ken’s personal wealth as it’s a limited liability company 

So no it’s not his money 

Is there any evidence anywhere that Ken has actually paid off any of the debt that we had when he came here? 

The HMRC got paid using the Blue Marble loan, the Blue Marble loan got paid by the loan from Moonshift. Brett Warburton, Micheal James etc all still owed 

Ken literally hasn’t paid any of it off as far as I can see

Edited by birch-chorley

1 minute ago, birch-chorley said:

Unless I have it wrong, it’s Ken’s limited company that borrowed the money from Moonshift so it in fact has fuck all to do with Ken as it’s limited liability 

So no it’s not his money 

Is there any evidence anywhere that Ken has actually paid off any of the debt that we had when he came here? 

The HMRC got paid using the Blue Marble loan, the Blue Marble loan got paid by the loan from Moonshift. Brett Warburton, Micheal James etc all still owed 

Ken literally hasn’t paid any of it off as far as I can see

You do have it wrong, as widely reported, the loan was a personal one to KA from Moonshift.

13 minutes ago, Boothy said:

You do have it wrong, as widely reported, the loan was a personal one to KA from Moonshift.

That’s not what I was led to believe, it was leant to ICL secured against their ownership of Burnden Leisure 

besides the loan is secured against assets so Ken / ICL will get it back and be able to give Moonshift their money back 

In the meantime, Ken’s personal wealth has stayed where it was 

Edited by birch-chorley

11 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Colin Todd (£15 million) Megson (£40 million) and Coyle (£20 million) spent roughly £75 million between them.Burnley have had a quality manager do the spending whereas we allowed three managers who nobody  would consider  Premier league quality do it.

Megson generated a £1.5 million profit on transfers. 

8 hours ago, Tombwfc said:

The irony of this given the last few pages. People who'd still choose oblivion with Ken over being in any way associated with what are, at worst, naive well meaning Bolton fans.

Also the criticism of a pointless meeting that solves nothing on a thread heading towards 500 pages 

Please point me out to a single post that says they'd prefer that; you're putting words in people's mouths (funnily enough an oft repeated trick of the Mistrust)

This thread is fucking dogshit, but (with the exception of Howard) nobody has professed that it will pass new and qualified information, or solve anything. Whereas last night.....

Surely you can differentiate. If you want to that is.