Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

I just wouldn’t have the heart to follow a BWFC version 2. It wouldn’t be us and I’d always feel some separation from it. I would never feel the pain in the bad times as much or love the feeling of the good times. It would all just be a bit meh

there has only even been a better sequel once. Die Hard and I don’t see us having any John McClane’s about the place 

5 minutes ago, Tony said:

I am beginning to accept the reality of our position. Unless someone with serious money is willing to fund us indefinately we are finished. 

One day that stadium will be demolished. The lesson to football should be never build an out of town stadium again. 

Perhaps we can rise again and one day have a ground in Bolton.

This shitstorm has got cock all to do with the stadium and where it is. 

10 minutes ago, Tony said:

I am beginning to accept the reality of our position. Unless someone with serious money is willing to fund us indefinately we are finished. 

One day that stadium will be demolished. The lesson to football should be never build an out of town stadium again. 

Perhaps we can rise again and one day have a ground in Bolton.

Yep me as well.

I think the ground share idea with Wigan may be the only way to keep us going in the short term.

Just now, radcliffewhite1 said:

Go on who’s your source 

Work colleague who’s mate is on the job. Not usually a wind up merchant. I put on in the hope someone could either clarify or hopefully deny it’s happe

2 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Go on who’s your source 

Mate of mine through work, doesn’t usually contact me and not a wind up merchant. I only posted to see if someone could either clarify or deny

25 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

I just wouldn’t have the heart to follow a BWFC version 2. It wouldn’t be us and I’d always feel some separation from it. I would never feel the pain in the bad times as much or love the feeling of the good times. It would all just be a bit meh

there has only even been a better sequel once. Die Hard and I don’t see us having any John McClane’s about the place 

I know what you're saying but what makes a football club? Is it the ground, the people, players, history? We've changed grounds more than once, the original limited company was Bolton Wanderers  Football and Athletic Company Ltd and now Burnden Leisure, the people have changed etc..

Things change and no matter what incarnation I'm sure we'll all still be there.

If it's true it won't come as a shock. This thing has to reach some sort of conclusion and soon. With bills stacking up daily and no sign of anyone paying.Neither KA, or moonshift will pay. As secured creditors they will eventually get there money 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Walkden White said:

I know what you're saying but what makes a football club? Is it the ground, the people, players, history? We've changed grounds more than once, the original limited company was Bolton Wanderers  Football and Athletic Company Ltd and now Burnden Leisure, the people have changed etc..

Things change and no matter what incarnation I'm sure we'll all still be there.

I hear ya. I've long since stopped going just for the football. Sure, we all want to see the team win but it's about the crack as much as anything (and avoiding cushion shopping)

17 minutes ago, GARFIELD said:

Mate of work colleague apparently. As I said, was trying to get clarification on the matter 

I rarely try to clarify things by presenting it to others as a fact and wait to see if they argue back! 

so someone who knows someone you work with has told them, apparently?? slightly different from your original post wouldn't you agree?

1 hour ago, darrener said:

I actually think that if we do stay alive thats were we will end up. The reebok has been a gamble that just hasn't paid off if you live in a big house and can't pay the bills then you have to downsize. Wigan Rugby will probably end up with it. 

If the stadium was run correctly which it probably used to be and only just getting back to recently bringing in other revenue  the  hotel , concerts , boxing the football tournament that’s been cancelled ect it would stand a chance .