Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

1 hour ago, Sluffy said:

There is a saying that 'it is better to say nothing and be thought a fool than to say something and remove all doubt'.

If you hadn't stopped reading at 'taking Howard at his word' you would have clearly seen that I went on to severely question the validity of what he had said - and in fact went on to refute it.

At least you have certainly lived up to your user name on this occasion.

Long may you continue to do so.

Apologies pal. I actually enjoy reading your posts but on this occasion my frustration at what I thought was another 'Will Howard come back/save us?' type post and me being naffed off with the situation,  up early for work etc got the better of me.  Soz 

Nixon is implying this is going to be a pre-pack administration job.

Howard at one point said:

"The issue is the transfer ban I think and there may be more parties interested if it goes to pre-pack. Likewise, Basran consortium doesn’t have the upfront funds (£21M) to fund pre-pack."

And also:

"What it means is that the buyer would acquire the club for £8M but then get dragged in to an auction to buy back the assets. They could therefore lose the £8M as they wouldn’t be a creditor. 

Its a gamble that they probably won’t take, but yes, in theory they could if they were convinced nobody else would buy the assets."

But then Howard also said you can't pre-pack a football club as the EFL wouldn't approve it so who knows?

"To be clear, you cannot do a ‘pre-pack’ on a football club. 

A new owner could theoretically put the club in to administration but the cost to bring out of administration would be £11-£12M plus the original £8M to buy out Moonshift. This would save them £8-£10M on the current debt but obviously the embargo is a killer. 

So it’s £8M up front plus a further £12M to satisfy EFL F&PP requirements..... "

On 08/03/2019 at 17:31, Benny The Ball said:

You ( Howard ) said earlier that 

A clever PE fund would acquire the business for £5M through buying the Moonshift debt and seizing control. They then arrange a pre-pack administration and settle the unsecured at discount with secured paid in full

But in reality you are now saying Moonshift aren't going to sell for less than £8M ?

Can't KA not just be cut adrift altogether ? He's trading an insolvent business and it looks like he was before he slapped that charge on the company ?

Would he be entitled to any payment at all In an administration process ? Unsecured creditors wouldn't be very happy to be queuing up behind him !!

On 08/03/2019 at 17:36, Howardroark said:

Moonshift won’t budge on the £8M with KA, negotiable to a 3rd party though I imagine. 

He's probably classed as a football creditor as well as being secured and that means he has to be paid in full before EFL will allow administration. 

I have just quoted the above back because I think they will allow it ( Pre Pack ) IF the football creditors are paid in FULL - though I still dont understand why KA is classified as a " Football Creditor" 

7 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Apologies pal. I actually enjoy reading your posts but on this occasion my frustration at what I thought was another 'Will Howard come back/save us?' type post and me being naffed off with the situation,  up early for work etc got the better of me.  Soz 

No worries mate.

It's not a great time for any of us at the moment.

Onwards and upwards though.

COYWM.

7 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

I have just quoted the above back because I think they will allow it ( Pre Pack ) IF the football creditors are paid in FULL - though I still dont understand why KA is classified as a " Football Creditor" 

Are you thinking these mystery bidders that Nixon has mentioned are the Gaspard group?

Just now, Mantra said:

Are you thinking these mystery bidders that Nixon has mentioned are the Gaspard group?

I do not know who Nixon is referring to - If It does go into administration I would Imagine Gaspard Will be amongst several interested parties 

Remember Blackpool had over 50 expressions of interest with half a dozen serious bidders amongst them 

I would imagine we would attract several serious bidders 

2 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

I do not know who Nixon is referring to - If It does go into administration I would Imagine Gaspard Will be amongst several interested parties 

Remember Blackpool had over 50 expressions of interest with half a dozen serious bidders amongst them 

I would imagine we would attract several serious bidders 

Nixon’s making it out to be a simple process but I don’t think it will be. Can see it going to admin and dragging on further. Hope not.

10 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Nixon’s making it out to be a simple process but I don’t think it will be. Can see it going to admin and dragging on further. Hope not.

There's a good article about Blackpool here - worth a read as we have a lot in common 

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/blackpool-fc-the-futures-bright-the-futures-tangerine

They got rid of the Oystons back in March and have still not got new owners 

It's all horse shit.

We know fuck all more than we did a month ago. There's still no money, and someone needs to buy us or we'll be liquidated. Nowt's changed.  

And if anyone else mentions Howard - you're a fucking retard.

Edited by irvtheswerv
Blah

Not a chance we will have a new owner by next week. We will be in admin and hopefully a responsible administrator is quickly sorting things and finding out who is interested and for what price. But no chance anything will be sorted.