Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over


Kane57
 Share

Recommended Posts

Is there nothing in the story Nixon did that furture ventures have joined forces with another group from the Middle East and that’s where the new cash could come from?

Also wasn’t there Americans who wanted to buy us from blumarble last year, are they not interested?

Finally are you still not working for any bidders?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Let’s hope it’s not another adjournment. 

They can keep adjourning it indefinitely.

i expect one this week and another at the end of May - no one wants to push the button.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Howardroark said:

His delusion is the only reason that KA ended up with sole control of the club and frankly the reason why now the burden sits with ED Trustees again. 

It’s worse than the Villa miss.

Nothing’s worse than the Villa miss, BWFC in first Wembley Final and would have been in last Wembley Final

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Nothing’s worse than the Villa miss, BWFC in first Wembley Final and would have been in last Wembley Final

Thats a big assumption, If Deano had scored we'd have been 1-0 up  against a better team with about 20 mins left i think? I would have expected Villa to equalise.

A few weeks later we were 2-0 up at home to Ipswich (Deano scoring one) in the play off first leg but only drew 2-2.

We weren't that good a team to assume going 1-0 up against Aston Villa meant we were certain to win

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Thats a big assumption, If Deano had scored we'd have been 1-0 up  against a better team with about 20 mins left i think? I would have expected Villa to equalise.

A few weeks later we were 2-0 up at home to Ipswich (Deano scoring one) in the play off first leg but only drew 2-2.

We weren't that good a team to assume going 1-0 up against Aston Villa meant we were certain to win

 

 

My recollection is of less than 20 min left more like 10 min .As far as they were the better team well they only had ten men & my memory was that it was quite even with Holdsworths miss the only real chance in the latter stages.

Edited by Take Hunt Off
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

My recollection is of less than 20 min left more like 10 min .As far as they were the better team well they only had ten men & my memory was that it was quite even with Holdsworths miss the only real chance in the latter stages.

Aye. We were the better team later on.

Whilst nothing is guaranteed, if that had gone in, we would have had a significantly better chance of winning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Aye. We were the better team later on.

Whilst nothing is guaranteed, if that had gone in, we would have had a significantly better chance of winning.

It was easier to score, he did it deliberately, in a Line of Duty type plot so he could own BWFC for nothing in the future, .....but he failed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Hoppy510 said:

Do you know anything about how that went and how wide the net was cast?

There’s a relatively small network of brokers used for these transactions, but how many were contacted outside of that I don’t know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Moon boy said:

Nothing’s worse than the Villa miss, BWFC in first Wembley Final and would have been in last Wembley Final

That was Holdsworths fault as is introducing Anderson to our club

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Thats a big assumption, If Deano had scored we'd have been 1-0 up  against a better team with about 20 mins left i think? I would have expected Villa to equalise.
A few weeks later we were 2-0 up at home to Ipswich (Deano scoring one) in the play off first leg but only drew 2-2.
We weren't that good a team to assume going 1-0 up against Aston Villa meant we were certain to win

3 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

My recollection is of less than 20 min left more like 10 min .As far as they were the better team well they only had ten men & my memory was that it was quite even with Holdsworths miss the only real chance in the latter stages.

3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Aye. We were the better team later on.
Whilst nothing is guaranteed, if that had gone in, we would have had a significantly better chance of winning.

I also thought it was significantly less than 20 minutes left. But Roger, you can argue all you like, scoring that goal would certainly have put us in a better position than not scoring it.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

I’ve never got the hatred of deano for missing that goal, the lad didn’t mean to miss it and I think he was a decent servant to BWFC. 

He was a striker. He was expected to score from that position. He didn't. He's a cunt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I also thought it was significantly less than 20 minutes left. But Roger, you can argue all you like, scoring that goal would certainly have put us in a better position than not scoring it.

 How Dean Holdsworth, having just seen a free-kick hit a post, managed to waft the ball over an empty net after David James had left his line in the second period of extra-time only the Bolton striker knew.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

Sorry don’t get that point of view, every striker misses that type of chance. 

They do indeed but it was a bloody high profile game to pick to choose to be "only human". It probably didn't help that it was right in front of us so we could all see that he would have scored it more often than he missed it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bolton striker Dean Holdsworth had a moment that every goal-getter dreads and one that left him wishing the Wembley turf would open up and swallow him.

With just ten minutes of extra time remaining and their ten-man opponents on the ropes, Eidur Gudjohnsen rolled the ball into Holdsworth’s path eight yards out. With Villa goalkeeper David James nowhere to be seen and Trotters supporters poised to celebrate, Holdsworth incredibly smashed his effort over the open goal.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/april-2nd-2000---fa-123004

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.